Windows 7 IE Security flaw

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft has Link Removed due to 404 Error that a new vulnerability has been detected in Internet Explorer and could be quite serious. At the moment it is recommended that users switch to another browser until Microsoft issues an emergency patch to close the vulnerability.

I'm using Chrome just to be on the safe side.....

Because I investigate sites with T.V. streaming, I might have experienced that kind of attack. Norton banned the site. They placed a warning for people, forbidden to access, enter at your own risk. What is CHROME ? How do I get it ? My telephone is knocked out. Thought it was the storm, but my Internet Connection is working. What could knock out a phone? The phone and the modem are connected. I've got my Cell Phone here- happily. Xmas gift, takes pictures and plugs into the computer. I got several USB presents this year "SanDisk Sansa" (have to figure that one)

I've downloaded "Google Chrome". It's weird, I like "IE" better. Have set Windows Live Search as default. Guess I'll have to put up with it until Windows can fix the security bug. Checked the phone out. It must have blown a circuit, another phone seems to be working. I wonder if call waiting has anything to do with it. I have never seen a BellSouth rebuilt phone act that bad in all my life, not that old.

You don't mention it, but have you tried Firefox or Opera?
The former is the most popular on the web, but a bit of a resource hogger. But Opera, whilst it needs a little more initial setup procedures, is, in my opinion, still ahead of the pack.
I am not a great web game player, but the one I do indulge in has graphics problems and hangs sometimes with both IE and Firefox. Opera runs the site without a murmur.
Fwiw. I agree with you about Chrome. It is definitely "weird" and I cannot understand the enthusiasm being expressed on the web. I think it is a non starter at this stage, but it is being developed so who knows.

It's getting better with Google. They have something called a stealth mode, which I really like. I've heard that the "Google Search" isn't as safe as the "Windows Search" would be. Windows would WARN people about JUNK sites. It's easy to install because I have the "Google Installer". Up and running with two blinks of an eye. The Google version of "Windows Media Player"- very nice. (My new cell phone is fully operational. It has a screen saver with a moving bouquet of red roses in 3-D, it's loaded)..

I quite like opera too but as you say it takes a hell of long time to set up..well, too long for me anyway. I've been using Chrome for the last two days and it has got better. It doesn't lock-up (or hasn't yet) like IE does sometimes and now all the add ons seem to work ok..
I'll probably still gravitate back to IE 8 eventually, once the bug has gone.

Microsoft has released a Link Removed due to 404 Error to address the major vulnerability in Internet Explorer identified earlier this week. This update is also available via Windows Update.

Spoke too soon... Another phone dead. Off and on Internet Connection. Storm from Alaska with devil winds. Can't breath through my nose at all. I managed the security update between breaks in modem connection.

Still no phone service. Second phone went dead after a couple of phone calls. Harder to connect to ISP Provider.

You know I did, along time ago. But when things crashed this bad before. Quite frankly Toto- They aren't in Kansas anymore. Some are even pushing up Daisy's.

Back
Top Bottom