Windows 10 IE Temporary Files

WTig3ner

I am confused. In my Windows 10 installation I sometimes browse the web with Firefox, other times with Chrome. I never use (or have used or will use) Internet Explorer. I have never opened it for any reason. Yet when I go to clean up my installation, there are "temporary IE files." I don't understand how that happens. Is there a way I can permanently stop it from happening?
Thanks in advance.

Internet Explorer and Windows explorer are still tied together and maybe why you see cached content. The space requirement should be minimal, but if you really want to disable it go in 'Internet Options' in control panel. On the general tab click 'Browser History' and make sure it's set to check every time a page is visited and on the 'Cache and Database' tab uncheck 'Allow cache and database'

After I upgraded to Windows 10 and installed Microsoft edge I got the option to uninstall IE.

If you do a full Windows 10 update you should get the same option as well. There should also be an option to remove the feature in programs and features which is under programs and features.

Internet Explorer is marked for removal now. Microsoft is targeting 06/2022 for Internet Explorer EOL.

Back
Top Bottom