Windows 7 IE Went Missing

JustAsIAm

I just installed Windows 7 Ultimate. I also installed Firefox. I went looking for the Internet Explorer icon as well as any option on the Start menu and I cannot seem to find it anywhere.

How do I get it back?

Never heard of that... but you can run Windows Explorer.. go to \program files\internet explorer and right click on iexplore.exe and pen to start menu.
Or right click on your desktop and select New Shortcut and simply put in \program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe and save it.

Never heard of that... but you can run Windows Explorer.. go to \program files\internet explorer and right click on iexplore.exe and pen to start menu.
Or right click on your desktop and select New Shortcut and simply put in \program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe and save it.

Hmm, I looked in the "/Program Files/Internet Explorer" as well as the "/Program Files (x86)/Internet Explorer" folders and cannot find any file named "iexplore.exe". I only see "ieinstal.exe" & "ielowutil.exe".

Ideas?

Did you try the shortcut ?

try this.. click Start and copy and paste this line in the field and press enter

\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe

I found the problem. In the Control Panel | Programs and Features | Windws Features area, "Internet Explorer" was unchecked. Thanks for the help.

I found the problem. In the Control Panel | Programs and Features | Windws Features area, "Internet Explorer" was unchecked. Thanks for the help.

I still don't see how that would have removed iexplore.exe If unchecking it did anything it should have removed the entire folder.

Could iexplore.exe be a hidden file? By default , under Folder Options \ view hidden files are not shown unless you check the box to show them.

Back
Top Bottom