Windows 7 IE8 Extremely Slow under Windows 7

bcummins

Hi, I have just got a new computer with Windows 7 32 bit installed. It is running an Intel Core i7 processor, 4 GB RAM. D-Link WMA 510 Wireless adapter connected to NetGear router. On my laptop I have no problems with connecting to wireless internet.

Some initial teething problems with the D-Link wireless adapter, I had to uninstall and reinstall to get it to work properly (it could see networks but not connect to them).

So, now I can connect to my NetGear router and get to the internet, however, in comparison with my internet connection from my laptop, the internet might as well be non existant. For example it took close to 15 minutes to get to mozilla home page.

Does anyone have any ideas about why this could be happening?

Last edited:
Try going to Start >Run, type cmd, Now type ipconfig /flushdns

While you're there type ping google.com. My response time is 45ms. What's yours?

Now type "http://64.233.169.99"without the quotation marks into your browser's address bar

Does it load faster?

No this didn't work, ping reply was slow 155ms and slow still to load the page.

ping from laptop to google = 42ms

an addendum, just ran a ping against the gateway and on the win 7 box response was 2895ms!!! On XP laptop 2ms

it's wired now ping response from gateway = 2ms ping response from google = 47 ms. But I do need to be able to connect wirelessly

not really, that's where it needs to be, but I'm using my laptop wirelessly to chat on the forum and the speeds are fine.

Back
Top Bottom