Windows Vista IE8 problem on Vista machine

ruggb

Extraordinary Member
There was an Windoz update recently, now I cannot use my mouse in IE8.

The mouse is perfectly functional in all other programs.
It is wireless. A wired USB mouse works the same so it is not a driver issue.

If I point to and click on a link it will either go to a different page, or not do anything.

The link that shows up in the status bar when the cursor is placed over the link is correct.
When I rt click the mouse a different link flashes and the page changes to that different link.

If I rt clk and select "open in a different Tab or Window", it does it correctly.

IT APPEARS that the focus for the CLICK is different than the focus for the CURSOR.

Other than installing Firefox (which I did and it works perfectly) how do I fix this????

thx

First of all be sure that such mouse behavior was caused by recent windows updates and not by something else.

You can try :

1. System restore
2. Uninstalling the most recent updates, as shown in this article:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

If the link does not work fine, but in FF in IE, which is indicative of or a new installation of malicious software, they click the IE browser for the proxy server settings such redirected elsewhere.

If you have attached IE8 plugin, you should be banned because they are lost or wrongly.

You can also download and install Malwarebytes Anti-malware. This is a free download, in my experience that doing good work or to find a child or malicious software.

thx plus2plus

BUT - it is like I said. not a virus. something got messed up and the mouse pointer doesn't agree with the mouse position on the screen ONLY in IE8.

everything else works.

Back