I'm getting constant blue screens of death.

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Phatshady912, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Phatshady912

Phatshady912 New Member

I just recently made a new computer, installed windows 7, everything running fine for the first few days. But 2-3 days ago i got my first BSOD. then everything was fine for a day, and starting last night I got them constantly. maybe every 20 or 30 minutes, though sometimes as bad as 5 minutes after the last.

I found my crash dumps but I don't know how to read them, I'll just post the file because I'm sure those of you who know more about this stuff already know how.

I think it may have started after I installed Avast, but I uninstalled it, and still got a BSOD.

Spybot finds no problems on my computer.

I checked the sticky at the top of this part of the forum. All that helped me with was to find that one of my USB ports had no driver, so I downloaded that from the Mobo manufacturers site.

Anyway here are some of the relevant logs that should help diagnose the problem, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. zigzag3143

zigzag3143 Honorable Member
    Microsoft MVP

Hi Phatshady and welcome

While Avast may partially be a problem these well all caused by memory_corruption

I would

1-remove Avast and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials

2-Test your memory

Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

You may even have to test the memory one stick at a time and the mobo slots one at a time with known good memory

3- run a system file check to verify and repair your system files

Run a system file check to verify and repair your system files.
    To do this type cmd in search, then right click to run as administrator, then
    SFC /SCANNOW

read here for more information SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker - Windows 7 Forums

Let us know the results from the report at the end.

Ken

TorrentG and (deleted member) like this.
  3. TorrentG

TorrentG Banned

With the combination of 0x24 and 0x3B errors, definitely remove Avast in safe mode using the tool found here:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reboot and install MSE as shown above.

4. Phatshady912

Phatshady912 New Member

After removing avast I still had another blue screen, however I then moved my video card. It seems one of my 3 PCIE 2.0 slots was 16x one 8x and one 4x. I had it in the 8x and moved it to the 16x. Haven't had a blue screen since then.