Windows 7 I'm having some serious issues tracking down the source of a BSOD.

Auric

The source of the BSODs are either a buggy driver, or hardware issues. The problem is that every scan or diagnostic I've ran has come up with nothing. Switching out the hardware that might cause the problems hasn't been successful, so I'm asking for help from more people than the one friend I've been asking for help from.

Edit: Attaching files requested by the thread starting sticky, didn't read that first like an idiot.

Attachments

• CPUZ + RAMMON.zip
    113.4 KB · Views: 209
  • W7F_06-10-2019.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Are you using Ready Boost? Initial analyze of the dump file seems to indicate rdyboost.sys crashing. Ready Boost in Windows 7 used an USB flash drive or fast storage device to boost your systems performance, however if the device it's enabled on is not solid it could cause major issues such as what you are experiencing. If you are using it, try disabling it or use a new drive for it. If you are not using it, try disabling the Ready Boost service. See if your BSOD's go away.

The issue is that while Readyboost is the stated culprit in one of my crashes, I'm not using it. I have no USB storage devices installed, and the other crashes are all either memory or driver related, as far as I and my friend can tell. Which means either I have a buggy driver, or some of my hardware is at fault.

Also, the last crash I had came while I was running an AV scan with Avira, and was up near the end of the scan, at around 75% completion.

Have you disabled the Ready Boost service?

According to Task Manager, ReadyBoost isn't running, and it doesn't show up in MSConfig either.

The common theme between the BSODs is that there are problems when data is read into memory. That could be a problem reading the data from disk, a filter driver (such as AV) on top of the file system or bad memory itself.

I'd start with the easiest and that would be disable the AV and test. Then if you still have issues run a DFT on the drive and a memory test for several full passes.

Disabling my antivirus didn't help. How do I run a DFT? Also, I ran a memory test, it came back clean.

Last edited:
Back