Windows 7 Images with Windows Explorer

geko

Hi,

I manage images using Windows Explorer. I just updated from Windows Vista to Window 7. Now, I'm finding that I can't move images within the same folder like I was able to in Vista and earlier version. The images are arranged alphabetically and won't allow deviation from that arrangement. When I click and drag the images to move them, it just pops it back into it's alphabetically place. I'm sure it's just a default setting that I haven't figured out how to change. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Drew, Thanks for the information. I am aware that I'm able to sort them a number of ways, but I would like to be able to manually move the images from one spot to another. To be able to arrange them manually. I was able to do this on Vista and the previous systems. Is there a way to do this on Windows 7? Please let me know. Thank you.

I find it really difficult to believe that the new "improved" windows explorer would be so limiting as to not allow manually moving images. Why would they take such a obviously useful feature out when they improved on it. I'm in shock. This is really a bummer. I may have to go back to Vista. Is it possible to go back to Vista? How would I go about doing that?

Back