Windows 8 Improvements for the touch keyboard ?

fogmanwhite

Hi !

First thread on this forum and new user of Windows 8 for the last 5 days. I installed Win 8 RP on my Acer Iconia tab W500 and I have a little annoying problem with the touch pad. When I go in Internet Explorer (regular version desktop, not in Metro) and I "click" on the seach field of Google home page (it could be any other page like facebook), the keyboard doesn't appear :apologetic: (on Android or iOS, it's automatic). I have to click on the little keyboard icon on the bottom toolbar (that I had previously add to have access to it).

Also, grey and black for keys, a little bit boring don't you think? Is it possible to change the color/style/opacity ? If someone have a trick, let me know please !

UPDATE on July 8 - I tried another tablet Asus Eee 32GB on Windows 7 and when you click on an input field (like the search field in Google), a little keyboard icon appear next to the field so it's definitely a trouble/thing missing in Windows 8. Any suggestions ?

As windows 8 is still really in beta mode it seems the only way to open the touch k'board is to rightclick on the task bar. Hopefully this will change some what on release.

Back