Windows 10 In Windows 10, Can't Turn off Airplane Mode.

sidmoore

Anyone know why, in Win10 Network & Internet, I can't turn off Airplane Mode? When I try, it just pops right back on.

Hi Sid,
I did a liitle searching and although for a previous operating system see if this will help:
Stuck in Windows 8 Airplane Mode
Thanx, kemical, but none of those tips worked for me. I think it's because this is a desktop computer (I didn't think of pointing that out, I guess). Some of those special keys don't appear on my keyboard.

So, I'm still looking for a solution. I definitely appreciate your effort on my behalf and hope, some day, to be able to repay it.

Sid

Hi Sid,
your very welcome and please don't worry about repayment of any kind as we are glad to to help. Can you take a screenshot of the area in question?

Your are using the latest release of Windows 10? Not being a pedant, but it is called Flight mode now - Change of name only. Microsoft love doing that.
I haven't read the li8nk, but this "bug" seems to be associated with the use of the manual wireless switch on some computers. If you have one, which is ON, try turning it off and then on. Also try the opposite. Dumb, but it seems to work for many.

Turn on everything that Airplane Mode turns off and restart your PC and try to turn it off, sometimes works..
I have no idea what Airplane (Flight) Mode controls except wi-fi. Anything else, Kid45?
EDIT: In fact, I don't know how to turn wi-fi off, either. It's been ten years since I last flew and I guess lots has changed along with less elbow-room and more extra fees. Hell, it's a miracle they haven't thought of putting a lock on the toilet door requiring a dollar bill to unlock it!

Last edited:
Ha, true! But Airplane Mode turns off Bluetooth (if you're computer has it) and Wi-Fi, also (if it has it) GPS connectivity, and to turn it off, just click the signal bars in the taskbar

Back