Windows 7 Incorrect Screen Resolution When Exiting Games (or other full-screen apps)

Thanos

The native resolution of my LCD monitor is 1680x1050, and this is what I use for my desktop. When I exit full-screen games (at any lower resolution) my desktop reappears at a lower resolution (1360x1024), and is very off center (to the left). In both the CCC and the Windows screen resolution dialog the highest resolution I see at this point is 1600x1024. Attempting to change to this does not work, CCC instantly reverts to the lower resolution. The only solution I have found is to reboot and then I am able to set to the correct resolution.

This is a major annoyance to need a reboot every time I play a game. I've searched and been unable to find a solution. If anyone can help please let me know!

ATI Catalyst drivers (9.10 released 10/22/2009)
LG Drivers for my monitor
Windows 7 RTM (MSDNAA)

Video Card: ATI 4850
Monitor: LG W2252TQ

Thanks Lexandro, your suggestion led me to the solution. It seems that under Monitor Attributes the EDID had loaded in incorrect values for max resolution and refresh rate. I changed them to the correct values and the problem is now gone.

Back