Windows 7 Install freezes at "Starting Windows" screen

McQ

I'm trying to install a full genuine copy of Window 7 Pro on brand new hard drive. This rig was custom built for me 3 years ago and the hard drive just went out. So I replaced it with a 1TB hard drive. Now I'm trying to install this new copy of Windows 7 I just got from Newegg and it freezes on the "Starting Windows" screen that comes right after the "Loading Windows Files" screens. I've left it on and there are no unnecessary USB devices attached to my motherboard. I'm at a loss.

Did you ever get this sorted out?

I am having the same problem. Trying to install Windows 7 Home Premium 64 OEM from store bought disc on a brand new home built computer, new HDDs and everything. Freezes every time on the "starting windows" screen after completing the "loading files" screen.

Last night I was somehow able to boot in safe mode and froze on:

"LOADED: \windows\system32\DRIVERS\disk.sys"

Here's what I've got:

Monitor: Samsung T260HD 25.5in Rose/Black [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]LCD[/COLOR][/COLOR] w/ATSC

HDD: 2 x Seagate 1.5TB Serial ATA HD 7200/32MB/[COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]SATA[/COLOR][/COLOR]-3G

Memory: Corsair Dominator 6144MB PC12800 DDR3 1600MHz (3x2)

DVD: LG 22X DVDRW SATA

Motherboard: ASUS P6TD Deluxe Intel X58 Socket LGA1366 MB

Power Supply: Corsair 950w 80 Plus Power Supply

GPU: Diamond Radeon 4850 (tried DVI and VGA cables)

I've done lots of research and tried:

1. Using a PS2 keyboard/mouse
2. Disabling USB in [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]bios[/COLOR][/COLOR]
3. Disabling just about everything else in bios
4. Tried w/ 2MB, 4MB and 6MB ram

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Back