Windows 7 Install of upgrade version

philwhite

I will be doing a fresh install of Win 7 Home Premium 64bit on a new hard drive shortly.

At the same time i really fancy the idea of using the Acer 23inch Touch Screen monitor, this is assuming my version of Win 7 supports this along with my other hardware which is pretty high spec.

Does anyone know of any issues with what i am planning as it would be a waste of tme and money if it won't work

My Main Hardware is......

Gigabyte X48T-DQ6 mobo
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.5ghz Q9300
8 gig of DDR3 1333mhz RAM
Nvidia GTX295 Graphics
Coolermaster Real Power Pro 1250watt PSU.

Thans all.

I have not used a touch screen, but from my understanding, it uses a USB connection? So it is almost like another mouse....

I would say it should work better in Win 7 than earlier versions, but as I said, I have no experience.

OK thanks for that. I am now about to shut down this PC and do a clean install of Windows 7 64bit on a different HDD.

I hope it goes well with no issues.

I installed the upgrade version with a clean install with no problems which was nice and took less than 30 mins to complete too.
Very surprised to find no Windows Mail as part of Windows 7 for some reason which is rather annoying as i rather liked that.

Toying with the idea of either the Acer 23inch touch screen monitor or their 3D monitor, it would be nice if one was available that combined the two.

Back
Top Bottom