Windows 7 Install -> Reboot -> Starting Windows -> Shuts Down

harvstylz

Hi guys I am hoping I can get some assistance troubleshooting a new computer build and windows 7 install

The system specs are as follows:

P55 mobo Gigabyte P55A-UD3P
i7 1156 2.8GHZ
8GB Kingston DDR3 10600
2 x 1TB WD Green Drives 7200rpm

Heres my problem I go to install Windows which albeit slow the first part completes, extracting, installing, updating etc and reboots what happens next is it gets to the 'Starting Windows' screen which goes for about 5-10 mins at which point the computer powers off.

Steps I have taken include a thorough memory test which came out clean, removing all but the basic components, testing with different graphics card which i knew to be working and installing on each of the two hard disks separatley and the same problem seems to appear.

The computer will boot up in safe mode at which point it tells me installation cannot complete in safe mode and requests a restart.

Any ideas??

Much appreciated.

I don't know how many memory slots you have, but try to get it down to about 2GB if possible.

After installation you can insert them again.

Ok so what I did next was try installing Vista in the hopes I could attempt an upgrade when I went to select which hard disk to use the computer powered down, this too me suggest PSU. I will replace it and see what happens.

So you already took out the memory?

Do you have another operating system disk.............98, 2000, XP ,Vista that you could try installing. That would rule out the hardware aspect.

Is this a purchased copy (with both 32 and 64-bit disks) that you are using or is it an an OEM disk?

Yes all but one stick is remaining, I have available to me (All OEM 64 bit disks) Windows 7 Home Premium, Vista Home Premium, Vista Ultimate the two vista disks work fine as I have installed them on other machines. I mentioned before I attempted a vista HP install which caused a shut down when I selected whih hard disk drive I wanted to install too.

I have replaced the PSU with a brand new one and I am attempting to install Win7 HP again.

Cheers for the input reghakr,

turns out it was the PSU one of the most exhaustive troubleshooting sessions I have had I didn't want to think that it could be the power supply as its a brand new shiny and sexy 750W thermaltake, a brand which I have never had an issue with. Any how all rectified now.

Back