Windows 7 Install requires DC/DVD drive device driver HELP

checker6

This takes forever to even get ot this initial install screen where it gives me an error out of nowhere and says A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, etc etc I dont have a raid set up, raid is set to off on my mobo. It is an nforce 4 sli based mobo. Jetway 939-gt4-sli and i am using a sata 1.5 gb/s WD 160gb hard drive. Any ideas? I would love to try this mofo out with the new RC disk i burnt but for some reason i get this driver problem.

I tried pointing it to the raid drivers from the raid disk folder i threw onto a flash drive and it didnt like those drivers for fixing the problem.

Thanks!

This takes forever to even get ot this initial install screen where it gives me an error out of nowhere and says A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, etc etc I dont have a raid set up, raid is set to off on my mobo. It is an nforce 4 sli based mobo. Jetway 939-gt4-sli and i am using a sata 1.5 gb/s WD 160gb hard drive. Any ideas? I would love to try this mofo out with the new RC disk i burnt but for some reason i get this driver problem.

I tried pointing it to the raid drivers from the raid disk folder i threw onto a flash drive and it didnt like those drivers for fixing the problem.

Thanks!

Hi checker6
  • I presume you are trying to Install Win 7 X64 7100 RC from a Flawless DVD.
  • I presume you already have another Windows ( XP or VISTA) on another partition or Disk in the same System.
  • I presume you have the latest VISTA -64 Chipst Driver [ 1500_vista64.zip] downloaded from Jetways Support site and saved to your current running system's Hard disk some place in a named folder you can easily access.
  • You might be referring to the same Software when you said
    I tried pointing it to the raid drivers from the raid disk folder i threw onto a flash drive and it didnt like those drivers for fixing the problem
My suggestion:

1. Using your favorite Unzip tool [or my favorite freeware 7-zip ] unzip and extract 1500_vista64.zip to a subfolder named 1500_Vista64
  2. Click open sequentially 1500_Vista64 --> IDE folder-->WinVista64--> sata_ide
  3. High light any file andpress CTRL + A to select all 6 files inside sata_ide
  4. Press CTRL +C to copy all files selected
  5. Paste them on your Flash drive's root [No folder needed]
  6. Now boot with Win 7 DVD and point to that Flash drive at Win 7 Setup screen after you click Load file.
Hope this helps. Your reply will help me to figure out anything else may be needed for a successful installation of Win 7 in that system.

Last edited:
I am having the same problem with my ASUS Striker II Formula

I have downloaded the latest Vista 64 drivers, and still it does not want to except them.

ANy other things I might be able to try?

I was using a 32bit x86 image of RC1. So i was trying it out with the Vista 32 bit drivers from Jetway. I pointed it to every single driver that the chipset driver pack came with and it still doesn't want to continue. It's really frustrating because this set up installs perfectly fine with vista or XP with no additional drivers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I Got mine to work, and here is what I did:

I booted Vista, and did an upgrade. Upgrade went fine without asking for any drivers. Upgrade completed, and I then tried to do a clean install again. I was asked for the drivers, but this time my 32Bit Vista drivers worked fine, and I was able to install my fresh copy of Windows 7.

I then tried the same with the 64Bit version, but no luck. So I still don't have the correct drivers for a 64Bit install, but at least I am on windows 7 :)

I had it do that to me TWICE on two seperate DVD-RW media.

My problem was a bad burn OR an issue with DVD-RW. I burnt it a third time on DVD-R and it worked without issue.

I should note, the incorrect burns did this on BOTH PCs I installed on, an HP laptop and a custom-built Intel Core 2 Duo desktop, both using different optical drives. For me, it was the burn, not an issue with my drives or drivers.

I was running Vista back in its beta days so i dont have anything i can use legitimately to get this install going from a Vista upgrade standpoint. Im going to try to burn on a different brand of discs and see what happens. I will post here in a bit when it works or doesnt work (=

I burned 2 copies, on the same writer using the same disks, I could get 32Bit to work, but not 64Bit,

Think it could be a bad disk? Because a friend of mine used the same writer and he is running 64Bit fine, but he has a different MB

I had the same issue,three burns later, I re downloaded the ISO and it worked perfectly
Side note don't use DVD-RW s use DVD -R
Hope it helps:D

Last edited:
You were right. I re-downloaded the iso then burnt it again and this time it was completely different. Works fine. Setting everything up now! Thanks for the tips guys!

This sounds TOO weird, but I will give it a go. Would the disk not complain if its bad?

I am re-burning it now, and will also use a friend's disk that had a successfull install... Will keep you posted.

So i'm having the problem (CD\DVD device drivers not found) from what i'm reading if i just re-download the iso and burn on to dvd-R it should work? I was using the 32bit on a 32bit system, and yet i'm still having that problem. I'm going to try and DL the iso again and i shall post on here if that worked for me.

Windows 7 64bit (fresh install) - missing cd/dvd driver

Pretty much the same problem here. I just put together a system but had to use an old crappy DVD-ROM. Now when I try to install Windows 7 i get the "missing cd/dvd driver" error. This is odd considering I had previously used this DVD to install W7 twice on a different computer. I'm going to go re-burn the OS image onto a DVD-R and get a new drive. Will post on whether this works or not.

Turns out W7 doesn't carry drivers for old IDE DVD drives. Went out, got a new LG -> no more errors, installation appears to be going fine. :D

Good luck to everyone else with the same problem.

I tried downloading ht .iso again and for some odd reason the dml never converted to the .sio i was to lazy to try to DL it again, or to convert the dlm so I tried to burn the old iso i already DL'd and it worked fine, no problem after that. I'm guessing when I burnt it the first time the driver file was just skipped or something, anywho thnx everyone!

Back