Windows 7 Installation on BenQ Joybook 6000

resadz

Hi everyone,

I've installed windows7 everyone so far flawlessly on my desktops at home and now I've come to a specific problem which I cant seem to figure out

The laptop is a BenQ Joybook 6000N with a 1.6 processor, 1.5GB ram and 40gb space.
I have windows 7 ultimate x86 dvd which I've used on my other desktops but when I boot to the external usb cdrom drive for the laptop, it has "Windows is loading files" flashing and flickering at the top of the screen which you can barely make out what it says.
IT seems like a video problem but im unable to plug this laptop into a external monitor to see if it makes a difference and lets me get past that step.
I've also left it for a good 2 hours and it just keeps jerking around and flickers at the top of the screen.
Made a USB bootable image of windows 7 ultimate but the laptop cannot boot to USB unfortunately.
Windows XP runs flawlessly on the laptop and is installed at the moment

I've tried a different windows installation DVD for Windows 7 and it did not help.

Anyone got any ideas or what else I could try?

Thanks guys

I resolved this by starting setup.exe off the windows 7 cd when I was on the XP installation
It worked perfectly

Back
Top Bottom