Windows 7 Installation questions, parititon questions.

Zeke

I'm new to installing multiple versions of Windows on my PC. I have a 500GB and a 250GB hard drive installed. I was thinking about making a 120GB partition from my 250 and dual booting. I have tried to make the partition in advance with Vista's Disk Management console in the Administrator Tools menu, but a friend and I cannot make partitions larger than 16GB with this. Will using the Windows 7 installation disk allow me to make this partition?

Now a question about the boot manager. When this is all said and done will I have to use my Windows Vista disk to repair the MBR so Vista will boot? Will I have an OS selection screen when 7 is installed and will 7 install a boot manager anyway?

When the beta expires in August, will removal of this partition be as easy as deleting it? and how will I put that 120GB of empty space back onto the 250GB drive? will I have to settle with just having a 120GB partition or can I re-size it or can I morph it back into the main partition without formatting the entire drive? All information about these questions is greatly appreciated, I look forward to providing feedback and tests to this community.

-Zeke

within Windows (XP and way and I can only assume that Vista does as well), it has a fairly decent drive management console. Once you are done with the W& partition, you SHOULD be able to goto this utility and delete it. Then either add it on to your existing partition or use it as another drive.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom