Windows Vista Installing HP Photosmart 1215 on vista...

Yay!!
Thank you!
After a little tinkering with the ports (didnt have virtual USB), it worked a treat on the DOT-whatever port....
Have sent a 'not nice' email to HP commenting on their astoundingly bad non-support to the use of these old-but-still-good printers on Vista. Naughty and I love the money saving tip here.
Thanks!!!!

If you are using Vista it's there in the control panel printers HP section. If your using XP go to the HP web site and download the driver from the support section.

This advise was given to me, GREAT FIX!

Hi

This was a workaround from a previous post on the same subject.

Thank you for the tip about the Photosmart 7200 drivers, it worked great.

Here is a step by step description of how to install.

1.) Go to device manager and make sure you remove any reference to the Photosmart 1215.

2.) Go to printers and manually install, right click in the open printers window and choose Run As Administrator>add printer.

3.) Add a local printer using the existing port: USB001(virtual printer port for USB)

4.) In the next window choose Manufacturer: HP, Printers: HP Photosmart 7200 series.

5.) Then hit next and away you go, you should have the little window asking if you want to print a test page, click yes and if all went as well as it did for me it should be printing a test page.

PS Make sure the printer USB is plugged in and printer is turned on.

It worked great, thanks for all the help everybody!:):):):p

Hi everyone. Just got vista ultimate other day. Whatever i seem to do, i just cannot get the software/drivers to install, just says that can't communicate with printer. Can anybody help????:confused:
Hey Joe Little1 YOU ARE THE BOMB - I've had my new laptop since last Xmas but since my printer was connected to my old laptop w/XP never tried to to connect it. Needed to do that today and after going and buying the right USB cable I was really disappointed that I could not obtain the drivers from MSFT for my 1215 (even had the original disk). Really bummed about having to go buy a new printer (economy and all) until I googled and found your thread - 3 minutes and I up and running.

Again thanks so much,

Dusty

:)Wow...You have saved my day - I ws almost thrown out of the ouse with the old 1215 thad did not work - and than I found the hint about the 7200 driver and it works! it works!!!!!
I'm more than gratfull!
Thank you!
Yours
Offer:)

Installing HP Photosmart 1215 on Vista & Windows 7

I am posting this to let you all know I am now running Windows 7 RC1, and it worked again! :)
With one little change, I've had to use the HP Photosmart D7200 Series Printer Drivers instead, since the 7200 Series was no longer available in the default drop down list of available drivers when choosing a printer to install.

I came across this thread quite a while ago after searching for a way to get my HP Photosmart 1215 printer installed onto newly built (at that time a year and a half ago). I could have just as easily set it up on my network on one of my machines running XP, but figured I would search and see what I cam up with.

Well thanks to this site, it worked perfectly on Vista, granted the toolbox options weren't as good, but I had a fully functional printer by using the HP Photosmart 7200 Series Print Drivers.

Not only does it work on Windows 7, but I believe there are now more options available when printing as well.

Regardless, I could not have done this without the original fix having been made available by Gatman back in February of 2007. So thank you Gatman, and thank you Windows Vista Forums for being here.

I had bookmarked this site when I originally found this information, and am glad I did,.

90% there... any advice??

I am 90% there and can't figure out what else to do! The 7200 and 990 are both trying so hard to function for me, but when I try to print a test page, both just show an error and I have to manually delete from the queue. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

I am 90% there and can't figure out what else to do! The 7200 and 990 are both trying so hard to function for me, but when I try to print a test page, both just show an error and I have to manually delete from the queue. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

What is the 990, a printer ? Please explain what you are doing ?

Back
Top Bottom