Windows 7 Installing Windows 7 -> Crash Memory Dump (BSOD)

nero32gee

I was trying to install windows 7 on my pc but when installation was almost completed, i got a blue screen saying "Crash Memory Dump" and the pc keeps restarting over and over. I took out the hard drive and installed the windows 7 on it via another pc and it installed with no problems, i also changed the ram but am still getting the crash memory dump error... any ideas what might be the problem? I cannot get it to start up completely at all. i've tried the start up repair, formatted the hd, scan disk but no progress at whatsoever.....help please

My specs are:
2Gb ddr2 ram
2.9 ghz duo core amd processor
512 mb graphics card
500gb hd

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Help

I was trying to install windows 7 on my pc but when installation was almost completed, i got a blue screen saying "Crash Memory Dump" and the pc keeps restarting over and over. I took out the hard drive and installed the windows 7 on it via another pc and it installed with no problems, i also changed the ram but am still getting the crash memory dump error... any ideas what might be the problem? I cannot get it to start up completely at all. i've tried the start up repair, formatted the hd, scan disk but no progress at whatsoever.....help please

My specs are:
2Gb ddr2 ram
2.9 ghz duo core amd processor
512 mb graphics card
500gb hd

Have you checked your memory (Windows Memory Diagnostic / Memtest x86)? Are there any SATA drivers for your chipset that should be loaded prior to install?

There are no drivers for the chipset that should be loaded. also i changed the ram but how do i do the (Windows Memory Diagnostic / Memtest x86) if the system cannot load?? i cannot get any other operating system to load at all. is there any tests i can do with the hard drive and the mainboard......one more thing, i noticed firstly that when windows was almost installed, i got the 'crash mem dump error'. now when its time to select the hard drive for windows 7 to install on, i am not getting and drive on the list to select. it says load driver but the hd came without the driver cd.

It's not the actual hard drive that needs a driver. In some instances, it's the motherboard SATA controller that needs to have a driver waiting to install with Windows install. It can be from a usb stick, on a cd or dvd, a floppy or on another hard drive that may be connected by an IDE port etc...

You can check with the manufacturer's website of your specific motherboard for this kind of driver needed. Usually Windows install DVD contains this driver, but not in every single case. If you don't know which motherboard you have, you can use CPU-Z free software to find out.

As far as not having any drive to install to....if you did when you first tried, then you actually don't need this driver handy, that I just spoke about.

What I'd do is use GParted to format the hard drive partition(s) and set up the partitions how you would like them. Then proceed to install Windows 7 again.

GParted -- Welcome

sounds to me you got a hardware issue but the HDD is okay - worth trying another DVD drive. In case your box is overclocked set all defaults and try again.

Back