Windows 7 Intel SM Bus controller

I downoladed the x64 drivers and I have a P5Q-E, the utility says I can't install because the operating systems is not compatible... Any ideas?

Mmmm, I manually inatalled the drivers, now works ok.

Jose

Last edited:
I manually downloaded the Vista 32 bit zip file, had Win7 unzip it and then installed it from the unzipped files. Now installed correctly.

same prob

I downoladed the x64 drivers and I have a P5Q-E, the utility says I can't install because the operating systems is not compatible... Any ideas?

Mmmm, I manually inatalled the drivers, now works ok.

Jose

i can't run the setup because it says my os is not supported. how did u manually install drivers? like add new hardware styles?

I would also like to know how one "manually installs drivers". I ran into the same "OS not supported" dialog box but wasn't able to get any further.

Manually is:

Download the drivers in a folder, then go to:

Control Panel->System->Device Manager

Find the SM Bus problem, normally in Other Devices, select the SM BUs, then click right mouse and select "Update Driver Software"->"Browse my computer for driver software" and then select the folder with the drivers....

Last edited by a moderator:
I have managed to install all the all Asus drivers by running the setup (or AsusSetup) in compatability mode for Vista.

The only problem I have encountered is that Ican;t get the front panal headphones to work. The do worki in Vista though.

Back