Windows 7 Intel USB Hub Problem

Dror520

Hey! I'm new here and just installed Windows 7 today! It looks great and functions really well, but I have a big problem that if I don't solve it I have to install Vista again. The problem is that all the USB inputs on the computer aren't working ... I can't use my mouse I can't use anything that connects with USB. In the Device Manager it tell me I have Code 19, which is a problem with the registry files. Can anyone please help me solve this problem? if not I have no choice and need to go back to Vista :( thanks for you help!

Ok try this. Unplug all your usb devices and find your way into the device manager, probably easiest way with no mouse is hit the windows button and type "device manager" in search. Expand the usb controllers. Now uninstall all the controllers and reboot. Windows will automatically install them again and hopefully they work.

If it doesnt, try reinstalling your chipset drivers in compatibility mode and see if that helps.

There are a few more things you can try but I hope these will fix it.

Ok try this. Unplug all your usb devices and find your way into the device manager, probably easiest way with no mouse is hit the windows button and type "device manager" in search. Expand the usb controllers. Now uninstall all the controllers and reboot. Windows will automatically install them again and hopefully they work.

If it doesnt, try reinstalling your chipset drivers in compatibility mode and see if that helps.

There are a few more things you can try but I hope these will fix it.

Thank you for your help but I tried both and both don't work .... what else can I try?

I'm having somewhat of the same problem. The rear ports don't work but the front ones do. Athlon 64 3200+ (2.2 Ghz) -- Msi K8T NEO FSR / VIA Chipset - Gigabit LAN - VIA Raid - AC97 - VIA USB -- 2Gb DDR400 memory -- ATI X1650 Video -- 200 Gb Seagate SATA Raid1 hd -- 160 Gb Western Digital IDE hd

Try uninstalling and click "scan for hardware changes" might fix it, but if it doesnt try one of those free registry fixers for code 19. Google "code 19 repair". The only other thing you can try before reinstalling Windows is this I found. I havent tried this myself though.

Unplug ALL USB devices.
Open Device Manager.
View, Show Hidden Devices.
Uninstall all devices under USB Controllers.
Uninstall all devices under Storage Volumes. Say no to any reboot prompts until you are finished. Also, if a Storage Volume doesn't uninstall, ignore it and move to the next one.
If you have a yellow ? with unknown devices, uninstall all of the entries there as well.

When this is done, reboot TWICE.

Reconnect the USB devices and see if they're recognized properly.

This sound like something you would only try as a last resort and are prepared to reinstall Windows if it doesnt work. Other than that Im all out and you might have to try the old reinstall Windows trick see if that fixes it.

Anyone else have anything to add?

Last edited:
Here's an update on my issue. Two of the six ports on the back do work. I hadn't tried them. Those plus the front ones. The other four rear ones still don't work. I'll accept that til a new version comes out. Or maybe there will be an update or something.

OK. I had same problem and managed to sort it.
It's NOT the driver, it's the usb cable. My hub was plugged into an extension and not directly to the Pc. I replaced the extension with a "powered" usb extender and it works fine!

Back
Top Bottom