Windows 7 Internet Connection Sharing: No Internet Access

Sorry, yes, can you please check on the laptop if the Internet Connection Sharing service is running properly?

3 separate errors:

1: The DHCP allocator has detected a DHCP server with IP address 10.0.0.138 on the same network as the interface with IP address 192.168.137.1. The allocator has disabled itself on the interface to avoid confusing DHCP clients.

2. The DNS proxy agent was unable to allocate 0 bytes of memory. This may indicate that the system is low on virtual memory, or that the memory manager has encountered an internal error.

3. The DHCP allocator has disabled itself on IP address 10.0.0.9, since the IP address is outside the 192.168.137.0/255.255.255.0 scope from which addresses are being allocated to DHCP clients. To enable the DHCP allocator on this IP address, change the scope to include the IP address, or change the IP address to fall within the scope.

OK, so try setting the IP address for the laptop's ethernet to 192.168.137.100 and the host PC's ethernet card to 192.168.137.101, with the host pc's DNS and gateway set to 192.168.137.100

I am very sorry but right now I'm stumped. Networking between the 2 PCs seems to be up and running, you can ping each machine from the other, ICS service on the server seems to be running, no error logs on event viewer. I'm truly at a loss for ideas. Let's hope someone else comes along with a better understanding of networking than I have. I'm really sorry.

thanks for ur help, even though the internet isn't working you've helped me learn abit about how to troubleshoot these things by myself, ima try some more things then probably give up and go buy a wireless card, xD

Back