Windows 7 Internet Option connection bug....

djwayne

I go into Control Panel>Internet Options>Connections, and click on the option "Dial whenever a network connection is not present," and hit "Apply", I go out of the Control Panel and come back and my selection is automatically changed to "Never dial a connection." Happens every time I try it.

:confused:

Your specs didn't indicate whether you have a NIC card or a dial-up modem.

If you have a NIC, what's the sense in having this selected. Maybe it's Windows way of telling you that you have no modem?

If you're trying to setup a remote connection, use Remote Desktop Connection

Hmmm........ that would explain it as I am on DSL. I thought it would automatically connect to the internet if my connection was lost. I have to manually log on every time. Previous OS's would connect to the internet automatically.

Thanks for the quick reply !!

On my first W7 install I did, but since I re-installed W7 on a clean disk, no dropouts. The DSL has been working great once it's connected.

Ocassionally, I'll have a problem with W7 trying to connect thru a wan mini port and that doesn't work. I do either a re-boot or a restore to fix it. Sometimes the re-boot will fix it, sometimes not, but restoring back a day or two fixes it for sure.

That's good to hear, hope the problem doesn't come back although it's been working fine so you probable shouldn't experience any more dropped connections.

Back
Top Bottom