Windows 7 Internet stalls/times out while browsing the web

Scoles913

Hey All,

Long time listener, first time caller. :cool: Anyway... have a quick question that I can't seem to find any answers to.

For the past few months I've been having an issue where every 15-30 minutes my laptop will "stall" while browsing the web. I'll get a "waiting for www.google.com", etc message at the bottom left corner of the browser when it's stalling until it eventually times out and tells me it can't load the page.

This issue occurs with every browser I try (IE, Chrome, Firefox). After a couple minutes, everything comes back to normal and I can continue wasting time on the internet until the next hiccup.

My set up is:

A Gateway NV57H58U Intel Core i5-2430M

Windows 7

Comcast digital cable

A Belkin Wireless router

A PS3

At first I assumed it was the router since it's a couple years old and was cheap when I bought it back then.

The only thing that makes me think differently is that when I'm using the PS3 I never experience a break in connection. I can play a game online for 3-4 hours without any crashes or stutters.

So it's gotta be something on the PC's end, right?

Also, while the internet is stalling out there is never a disconnect from the router - it always says it's connected and the signal strength is always "Excellent."

Umm... I'm sure there are a million other details I should be including but I'm not the most tech-savvy guy in the world (otherwise I guess I would be able to figure this out on my own.)

The problem isn't a huge deal, just.... irritating.

Any suggestions you guys have? Any more information I can give to help - let me know. Thanks so much!

Is the PS3 also running wirelessly?
Can you test and see if the problem persists if you boot into safemode with networking?
Click the start orb and type
services.msc
into the search box and hit enter
look for any or all of the following, double click and set their startup type to disabled and click the stop button
##Id_String1.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762## or something similar
Bonjour
IP Helper

Back