Windows Vista Internet stopped working after CS3 install

simonkp

I am having a strange problem. I googled it and saw couple of people with similar issues, but no resolution. My Internet stopped working after I installed Photoshop CS3. Network is active and I can connect to my network computers but not to internet. This happens only when you reboot after CS3 installation(I mean after installation of CS3, internet is working till you reboot). I un-installed photoshop and the internet started working again. Does anyone experienced similar issues? Any advice to fix this will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Part of the PS CS3 installation includes "Bonjour" (C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe). This is the problem and it can be disabled. It is located in services.exe but it is not written like this.
Look for "##Id_String2.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762##" in the services and disable it. I did this before I reactivated PS and then activated PS with no problems. My network is normal and PS works too.

Hope this works for you as it did for me.

Dawn

My wife's computer is experiencing the same problem but neither of us are computer literate enough to follow this fix. I searched on "services.exe" and found it, opened it in Notepad, and search for the "##Id_String..." you mentioned but could not find it. I also tried looking at services.msc as well as two files located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour\ but again could not find the text string.

Would someone please elaborate on the fix for this? Thanks!

Part of the PS CS3 installation includes "Bonjour" (C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe). This is the problem and it can be disabled. It is located in services.exe but it is not written like this.
Look for "##Id_String2.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762##" in the services and disable it. I did this before I reactivated PS and then activated PS with no problems. My network is normal and PS works too.

Hope this works for you as it did for me.

Dawn

I can't remember exacty, its been that long! But I seem to think Bonjour appears in the Control Panel "Programs and Features" (Add or Remove Programs).

If you open the Start Menu and type Services.msc into the Search it will open your services. When they are open, if you click on the header bar of the first column it wil arrange the services alphabetically. The Bonjour or ##Id_String2.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762## service will be at the top (or bottom!) of the list if it's installed.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your very helpful replies. I tried the disabling route first, and that worked. I'll try the complete removal after I back a few things up, just in case...

Thanks so much!

Back