Windows 7 internet very slow and disconnects for a few seconds

jokermonkey

I just installed Windows 7 on my laptop (HP G60), and ever since I've done so, the internet has gone agonizingly slow. At times, it will disconnect for a few seconds, and then reconnect for a little bit, and then disconnect again, and repeat. I am currently on my desktop running XP, which works perfectly, and I get the whole 6 megabits I am supposed to get, where on my laptop I only get 0.15 megabits.

I have gone in and disabled Function Discovery Resource services, and nothing changed. I didn't have an antivirus software installed when it started happening, so it's not that. I checked and I have the most up to date drivers for my wireless card (Atheros 5007). Like I said, this computer is connected to the same network and the internet is absolutely fine on here. So, it's something to do with Windows 7 and my wireless, and not the network/internet itself.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Hello an welcome to thew windows7forums,

Where did you get the drivers from and are they Windows 7 or Vista.

I just checked Microsoft's Windows 7 compatibility center and it does not include that card as being compatible,.

I also did a Google search for Atheros 5007 windows 7, and I found many people are having problems with it in Windows 7.

Hello an welcome to thew windows7forums,

Where did you get the drivers from and are they Windows 7 or Vista.

I just checked Microsoft's Windows 7 compatibility center and it does not include that card as being compatible,.

I also did a Google search for Atheros 5007 windows 7, and I found many people are having problems with it in Windows 7.

I am not sure where the drivers came from, the driver was simply installed already when I booted Windows 7 for the first time.

If it's an issue with the card, what can I do besides get a new card?

Yes, I haven't really found anything other than "reinstall your driver", "disable Function Discovery things" and "your wireless card doesn't work with Windows 7".

Sorry I couldn't be of my help for you.

Hopefully someone else will pick up on this thread to help you out.

Back