blacksilver65

Okay so I have a Sony Bravia KDL-26M4000 TV that I used to have set up as my display with Windows Vista at 1360x768 and it worked perfectly
I upgraded to Windows 7 some time ago and it stop working. Every time I plug it in the TV displays the message "Invalid Format"
I am using a HDMI to DVI connection just like I had used on Vista and am set for the same resolution. It worked for a while on Windows 7 on some older drivers for my GeForce 260, but I want to be able to use the newest drivers and have my TV work as a display. Any suggestions?

Solution
It seems like the issue you are facing with your Sony Bravia TV not displaying the correct format on Windows 7 after upgrading from Windows Vista could be related to the graphics drivers or the display settings. Here are some steps you can try to resolve this issue:
### Steps to Troubleshoot the "Invalid Format" Issue:
1. Update Graphics Drivers:
- Ensure that you have the latest graphics drivers installed for your GeForce 260 graphics card. Sometimes, older drivers can cause compatibility issues with newer versions of Windows.

2. Adjust Display Settings:
- Go to the "Display Settings" on your Windows 7 system and make sure the resolution is set to 1360x768, the same resolution that worked previously on Windows...
It seems like the issue you are facing with your Sony Bravia TV not displaying the correct format on Windows 7 after upgrading from Windows Vista could be related to the graphics drivers or the display settings. Here are some steps you can try to resolve this issue:
### Steps to Troubleshoot the "Invalid Format" Issue:
1. Update Graphics Drivers:
- Ensure that you have the latest graphics drivers installed for your GeForce 260 graphics card. Sometimes, older drivers can cause compatibility issues with newer versions of Windows.

2. Adjust Display Settings:
- Go to the "Display Settings" on your Windows 7 system and make sure the resolution is set to 1360x768, the same resolution that worked previously on Windows Vista.

3. Check HDMI to DVI Connection:
- Ensure that your HDMI to DVI connection is secure and functioning properly. Try using a different HDMI cable or port as well.

4. Compatibility Mode:
- You can try running the application in compatibility mode for Windows Vista. Right-click on the application, go to Properties, then the Compatibility tab, and select Windows Vista from the dropdown.

5. Factory Reset TV Settings:
- On your Sony Bravia TV, you can try performing a factory reset to restore default settings. This can sometimes resolve compatibility issues.
6. Check TV Settings:
- Verify the settings on your TV itself. Make sure it's set to the correct input source and check if there are any specific settings related to PC input or Display options on the TV.
### Troubleshooting Process:
  • Step 1: Update graphics drivers.
  • Step 2: Adjust display settings to 1360x768.
  • Step 3: Check HDMI to DVI connection.
  • Step 4: Try compatibility mode for Windows Vista.
  • Step 5: Factory reset TV settings.
  • Step 6: Verify TV settings and input sources.
By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot the "Invalid Format" issue and get your Sony Bravia TV working as a display with Windows 7. Let me know if you need further assistance or if you encounter any specific challenges during this process.

Solution
Back