Windows 7 IP Camera program

quas

Hi,

I was given an IP Address, a port and a user name and a password and I was told to search for a program in order to access surveillance cameras. I've been searching high and low and still haven't found out how to do it. I installed, among other programs, iSpy, but I didn't get anywhere.

Do you have any ideas what I should be searching for? I saw that some programs were asking for my make and model of the cameras, but I've got no knowledge of that, and I'm slightly worried that that might be essential to my connecting to the cameras.

Thanks!

Hi,

I am simply trying to see what the surveillance cameras that are placed outside the building broadcast. So I was given only this information and told to download a program, as I've already said. How I should use it is exactly the question I am asking. I don't know what do to with it. I tried connecting through the browser, but to no avail. So I gather I need to install some kind of program by means of which I can connect to the cameras.

I have also run a nmap -PS on the IP, and the port I was given (8101) didn't show up. I'm not sure if this is compulsory, but it might be telling, shouldn't it? The weird thing is that, instead, 5101 was open, so I'm thinking that someone might have written it incorrectly. I did search on the internet, and found out that 5101 is associated with other programs (yahoo messenger, vnc, etc.). Anyway, that's somewhat a different subject.

Anyway, I need to find out how to connect to that ip and port and perhaps find out a way to see if the information is correct - some kind of feedback from the server, etc. I hope I'm clear enough now :)

Last edited:
Yes, I am. Nothing shows up. I've tried various browsers, including even Safari, or i.e. on Windows.

Presumably you've checked that the port is not blocked. Try pinging the ip address. Is it and external or internal ip address (if you''re unsure, what is the first number in it?)

It is an external ip. I've just told you that I scanned the IP with NMAP and the port didn't show up in the results. There is response to ping.

This is funny, MVP's are trying to help a hacker figure out how to access a remote camera.

This is funny, MVP's are trying to help a hacker figure out how to access a remote camera.
If it's on a public IP address (which it is) and it is open access (the OP has made no reference to any password or bypassing any protection) there is no "hacking" involved.

I'm going to choose to ignore this troglodyte of Kash.

I have just tried telnetting into the port, and indeed, it worked. So I can safely assume that the port is indeed open.
I actually made a reference to a username and a password, but these were given to me, so I'm not trying to bypass them. I simply don't know where to use them :)

Well, yes, exactly. And I still haven't found out a suitable program, although I tried a few. Could you suggest any? Several, perhaps, so that I can try them out?

The IP cameras are either going to have a web interface, or the program is going to proprietary to the camera so suggesting programs won't help.

Ok, I'll try to find out some specific information about it. It's just that there are several intermediares and it's slightly harder. Thanks anyway.

Back
Top Bottom