Iphone Hotspot not connecting

x38class

Extraordinary Member
I have 2 computers, exactly same model, exactly same win 10 install.
I use the Iphone as a hotspot for internet which I use daily with no problems.
The other computer is for my partner who uses it maybe twice a week, when turned on it will not connect to hotspot which is set up on Iphone before starting computer, no amount of disconnecting automatically being reset or trying to connect will make a connection.
However, turning off the computer & re-starting it does connect.
How can I get it to connect every time even though it has not been used for some time.

Does it not connect or does it show connected, but the internet does not work?

It does not connect, i untick automatically connect, wait, tick connect automatically, then connect, says it"cannot connect to this network"

That error tends to be an issue with the access point or in your case the hot spot. Bugs and unsupported behavior are typical with this message and are very difficult to track down. Wireshark specifically running on a Linux distro would be very helpful to troubleshoot since on a Linux system you can capture layer 1 information which is probably where the issue is.

Thanks for you reply which I have no idea what you are discussing with wireshark or layer 1. You state : "in your case the hot spot." As I see it there is nothing wrong with the hot spot, because windows recognises the hot spot as shown in the panel for internet access as Iphone amongst other which belong to neighbors. Just a minor point but my partner said it did connect when pc re-booted without resetting hot spot on phone, today I tried to verify this but this time it connected first time!

I will leave it for now until I personally can re-verify the condition as to how it transpires

I have 2 computers, exactly same model, exactly same win 10 install.
I use the Iphone as a hotspot for internet which I use daily with no problems.
This is A Sort of Combination of All Three Great iOS Apps: iOS Transfer, iOS Data Recovery and iOS Eraser
The other computer is for my partner who uses it maybe twice a week, when turned on it will not connect to hotspot which is set up on Iphone before starting computer, no amount of disconnecting automatically being reset or trying to connect will make a connection .
However, turning off the computer & re-starting it does connect.
How can I get it to connect every time even though it has not been used for some time.
Well . for the sake of safety , you need to install an iPhone assistant or iPhone manager , which is of great use to you.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, I have had a look at Iphone assistant but does not seem to be relevant as problem is not with iphone but computer.
With Iphone hotspot set, on turning on computer it will not recognise hotspot, but without touching iphone I can re-start the computer & it will connect.
So, the answer I need is relevant to the computer not iphone.

it is a networking issue
first, unplug your networking after you check it first
go cmd and type it
ping 192.168.1.1
if ping reply then everything is good
if ping show error then its networking issue
make sure check your networking devices first

Thats only relevant if the gateway is on 192.168.1.1 not all of them are and this is a hotspot so doubtful it's on 1.1

Apologies for not replying earlier, tried ping with & without hot spot connected, in each case I got timed out & either destination host unreachable or when connected destination net unreachable.
the problem mostly does not occur if the pc is used daily but when left for a few days, then it will not connect, yet leaving Iphone hotspot on & just re-starting the computer it will connect.

you mention:
it is a networking issue
first, unplug your networking after you check it first.

I have no idea about networking, as I just turn on the computer and whatever windows has set up must detect the hotspot signal & then connect

Back