Windows 7 IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

Jayis

Any idea what this could be so far I have only gotten it when playing any games usually steam.

Thanks.

Attachments

• minidump.rar
    77.5 KB · Views: 343
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {fffff80803503c38, c, 0, fffff800032e67f9}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiIpiSendRequest+1d9 )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
the above dump file is usually caused after installing something new although I couldn't see a driver mentioned in either of the two dumps. The first dump file did mention the steamwebhelper as the initial cause.
Code:
PROCESS_NAME:  steamwebhelper
Perhaps STEAM has become corrupted and needs re-installing?

Find command prompt in the Start menu, right click on it, choose properties then run as admin. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

Looking over your installed drivers and apps i noticed this:
bflwfx64.sys Thu Apr 10 16:40:47 2014: Bigfoot Networks Bandwidth Control Wireless NDIS Light Weight Filter driver (now known as Killer)

e2xw7x64.sys Fri Feb 5 22:44:58 2016: Killer network driver PCIE

I think i'm correct in saying that the driver dated 2014 isn't needed. Both of these drivers are now incorporated into one driver which is found on your motherboard support page

You can find system drivers on your motherboard support page with up to date drivers available:
Support For Z97 GAMING 5 | MSI Global

If the bsod continues then consider removing Afterburner plus if your overclocking the gpu please stop until the bsod has been found.
NTIOLib_X64.sys Mon Mar 17 10:24:03 2014: MSI Afterburner driver (known BSOD issues with Windows) Also found to be a part of MSI Live Update 5, MSI Super Charger & MSI Smart Utilities.

If after trying the above the bsod is proving stubborn we could then try the driver verifier but see how you go with the above.

Please post any new dump files.

Hi again just letting you know I have done everything you said to do and I guess I won't know until it happens again.

Reinstalled steam, sfc/scan came back fine, updated all the killer networks drivers and nothing is overclocked.

Will see how it goes or how long it lasts if it happens again cheers.

Thanks for the update Jayis, hope all goes well but if the worse happens and you do get another bsod please post the dump file.

Hi again it's been a while but I just had another crash today but this time on the BSOD there was no message at all so I'm not sure why.

Attachments

• 122017-17019-01.rar
    35.9 KB · Views: 334
Have you added any hardware recently? I would also download and run memtest86+ on your system to check the memory.

No I have not added any hardware. I did memtest not too long ago but I will try that again. You think it is the memory?

Code:

BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050033, 406f8, fffff800032bd54f}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+b2 )

Hi,
this particular 7F is down to either drivers taking up too much space on the kernel stack or a hardware issue.

If you have updated anything recently either drivers or hardware then see if removing stops the issue.

Looking over your drivers I noticed you have this installed:

NTIOLib_X64.sys Thu Oct 25 11:27:58 2012: MSI Afterburner driver (known BSOD issues with Windows) Also found to be a part of MSI Live Update 5, MSI Super Charger & MSI Smart Utilities.

Try either removing this application or at least updating it to a more recent version to see if the bsod stops. If your overclocking please stop until bsod is stopped

Try running these scans to see if the system has any corruption:

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

As Neem's points out above if the bsod continues then it would be prudent to check your hardware.

Check your CPU by using Intels diagnostictool for checking processors.

If the bsod continues then you'll need to test your RAM. Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Hey Kemical sorry to be a bother again, I know it has been a while but I have done all of the above and there was no problem with RAM and I have not really had any issues since today again unfortunately but with a new message 'SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION'

Attachments

• 030518-22651-01.dmp
    399.4 KB · Views: 579
Code:

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8000355aadc, fffff8800c39edb0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ObDereferenceSecurityDescriptor+20 )

Hi,
I notice that nothing much has changed within the dump file.

If you have updated anything recently either drivers or hardware then see if removing stops the issue.

Looking over your drivers I noticed you have these installed:

NTIOLib_X64.sys Thu Oct 25 11:27:58 2012: MSI Afterburner driver (known BSOD issues with Windows) Also found to be a part of MSI Live Update 5, MSI Super Charger & MSI Smart Utilities.

iocbios2.sys Tue Feb 18 19:51:45 2014: Intel Extreme Tuning Utility Performance Tuning Driver

Try either removing this application or at least updating it to a more recent version to see if the bsod stops. If your overclocking please stop until bsod is stopped

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Back