Windows 7 Is it Windows 7 worth the money?

ugly charles

Please, tell me your opinion.I have the RC and i'm more than charmed-it has new themes, i get more control of the user account control,Win7 starts up faster than Vista or XP,it has per-icon system tray customization.

And last but not least,all my number 1 programs as mil shield,picasa,avg anti-virus has been installed successfully on Win7 and interact with it pretty well.

Hello and Welcome to Windows7forums.. ;)

In my opinion, yes Windows 7 is definitely worth the money.. :) For the reasons you have mentioned and many more.. Some would say it's not worth it with Windows 8 potentially being launched in 2012.. But hey, those are just rumours at this point so I say go with Win 7 and you won't regret it.. :)

I agree with Radenight Def worth paying for once it hits the shelves.
I love everything about W7, from ready-boost, resource monitor is just spectacular, everything just runs damn smoothly with a nice system running it.
Gaming is so much better, seems like W7 handles it a lot better in my perspective vs XP.
Folding works very well on W7, Gotta Love that.
Only one thing that I dun really care bout is that first install of W7, you cannot have overclocks done untill all driver updates etc R installed, then OC happens.
Rivatuner works awesome, Graphics card Overclocking Utility.
The list just keeps going so nicly and beyond.
Yes I would buy this OS.

Hello and Welcome to Windows7forums.. ;)

In my opinion, yes Windows 7 is definitely worth the money.. :) For the reasons you have mentioned and many more.. Some would say it's not worth it with Windows 8 potentially being launched in 2012.. But hey, those are just rumours at this point so I say go with Win 7 and you won't regret it.. :)

really? 2012 is so far away :( but yes, you're probably right that there are many rumours into the internet space. We will wait and see

I agree with Radenight Def worth paying for once it hits the shelves.
I love everything about W7, from ready-boost, resource monitor is just spectacular, everything just runs damn smoothly with a nice system running it.
Gaming is so much better, seems like W7 handles it a lot better in my perspective vs XP.
Folding works very well on W7, Gotta Love that.
Only one thing that I dun really care bout is that first install of W7, you cannot have overclocks done untill all driver updates etc R installed, then OC happens.
Rivatuner works awesome, Graphics card Overclocking Utility.
The list just keeps going so nicly and beyond.
Yes I would buy this OS.

I love the new games too(Mahjong Titans for example) :) i had problems with drivers too(particularly with video drivers) but
now everithing is OK and i enjoy the new system and my number 1 software.

Here are the details on estimated retail pricing. First, for upgrades:

• Windows 7 Home Premium, $119.99.
  • Windows 7 Professional, $199.99.
  • Windows 7 Ultimate, $219.99.
And for the full packaged versions:

• Home Premium: $199.99.
  • Professional: $299.99.
  • Ultimate: $319.99.
And as far as I know,,, all of these include both 32bit and 64bit disks.... I do not know if this will be the case with OEM.

Before anyone else says it, I will........ Mac is only 30$
But Apple is a hardware/software company. If they do ever go strictly software, they will run about the same price or more.

Before anyone else says it, I will........ Mac is only 30$
But Apple is a hardware/software company. If they do ever go strictly software, they will run about the same price or more.

Something a lot of people tend to forget.. ;)

Give it at least 6 months,and perhaps it is.
It seems to be as unstable as previous OS's they've released in early stages.
Maybe it's the kernel,my knowledge doesn't run that deep,but i've heard others saying that very thing.

Is really MAC $30 only? So cheaply?What about its security?Is anyone knows anything?

I'm really not sure if Mac OS is $30.. I have only used a MAC a couple of times and hated it both times.. ;) It's not hard to use at all, I just don't like how it's set up and how it works, to me it doesn't seem very practical.. I've heard good things about Apple's security in their OS's but it's like anything else, it might be great today but crap tomorrow.. :)

I'm really not sure if Mac OS is $30.. I have only used a MAC a couple of times and hated it both times.. ;) It's not hard to use at all, I just don't like how it's set up and how it works, to me it doesn't seem very practical.. I've heard good things about Apple's security in their OS's but it's like anything else, it might be great today but crap tomorrow.. :)

Yes it is only $30 + $1500 or more for the hardware to run it. Just like printers & ink guess where they are making up the price difference.

Well XP was supposed to be gone almost two years now but since Vista was so wonderful XP didn't go away, at least Microsoft woke up with that. Now almost a decade later XP will finally be put to rest so if you wish to still get updates and be compatable with new software you will need to move on to 7 but I think you answered your question when you asked it, Rhetorical, didn't you?

Love 7!

As a die hard XP fan I didn't migrate to Vista ( memories of ME ) but when MS offered beta testing for 7 last January I jumped at the chance and have not been disappointed. Sure the beta and the RC have issues but much of that will be resolved by the time it hits the store shelves. Also hardware drivers will be written for 7 by the manufacturers. If you were smart you got in on the pre-order which was half of the retail price. The amount of features built into 7 is worth the price alone.

As a die hard XP fan I didn't migrate to Vista ( memories of ME ) but when MS offered beta testing for 7 last January I jumped at the chance and have not been disappointed. Sure the beta and the RC have issues but much of that will be resolved by the time it hits the store shelves. Also hardware drivers will be written for 7 by the manufacturers. If you were smart you got in on the pre-order which was half of the retail price. The amount of features built into 7 is worth the price alone.

And if you were lucky enough to be chosen as a Windows 7 Launch party host, you'll be getting a Free copy of Windows 7 Ultimate.. ;)

Personally I think they should have given all the beta testers a free copy, I mean how much could that have cost them?.;)

Do not forget OEM

For those who do not need a warrranty or Microsoft tech support can get the OEM versions. I found a full OEM for 109.99 for pre order on Newegg...It is of course for only one computer but it's all I need. I have one desktop and one laptop. Desktop is new and will get the OEM 7 while new laptop is coming soon so that will have 7 as well.

Back