Windows 10 Is there some kind of Sound Control Panel for Windows 10?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

I got a new pair of Stereo Speakers from Bose for my new computer.
They weren't the expensive ones.

Bose Companion 2 Series III Multimedia Speakers

They sound pretty good compared to my old tinny sounding speakers, but I'd like to be able to adjust the Bass, Treble adjustments etc.
I already checked and there is no software from Bose that will let my do this.

Anyone know of some kind of universal App that will give me the options to adjust the levels for sound output for my speakers for games Skype and music etc?

Mike

Typically the software will be included with your sound card and not the speakers.

If the board uses the reatek sound, installing their driver will allow you to modify those thing.

Hi

Yes I'm using the Realtek Audio that's on the mother board.
And I assume the drivers are installed so I guess I need to know how to access them.

I don't see anything like that when I go to the Sounds windows from the icon on the task bar.

It appears that I can also use the Audio Out on my Nvidia 2080 video card, it says available but not plugged in.
Tomorrow I'll have to get behind the computer and see what the options are.

It's also saying that I have speakers in my monitor, I didn't think this monitor had speakers so I'll have to check that out too.
There are some grills on the bottom on both sides but I thought they were there for air flow.

Mike

Last edited:
Hi again.

On the monitor thing, it does have speakers, everything seems to be there, it has all of the settings available, I found where to adjust the volume levels on the monitor and it shows as available in the sounds window under playback, I can configure it and set it as default, but when I test it no sound comes out.

Here's what I think I know, I'm using the display port cable to connect my monitor to the computer. I don't believe that you can get sound through a display port connection? Though it's seeing the speakers in the monitor in Windows.

Do you think that if I connected a HDMI cable from the computer video card to the monitor that I would get the sound while still using the Display Port for video?

If anyone thinks this would work I'll try and scrounge up an HDMI cable and try it.

Mike

PS. I also want to note that in sounds it shows the Nvidia sound output but says "Not plugged in"

Last edited:
Audio managers will generally be a CPL, so you should be able to control in from Control Panel

As long as you have external speakers plugged in, the screen's speakers are disabled.
Click on Windows10 search icon (bottom left corner, near the start menu, if not using the metro interface) and enter something like "audio manager" or "realtek". You will find this way your audio card control panel. Or, as others suggested, open old and good Control Panel (not windows settings) and look for something related to audio.
Also, usually (if not previously disabled), when plugging in headphones or speakers on the audio-in socket, a pop-up window should appear asking you to choose the type of the device just plugged-in.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Back