Windows 7 Issues on HP TouchSmart

sevensteps

Hi,

I just upgraded my Vista installation to the Win7 build from the PDC. I installed it earlier on a virtualbox and that was fine. After upgrading, which in itself went smooth, I noticed a couple of things:

1) Docking the windows no longer works. Moving a window to the left, top or right doesn't dock it. Apparently there is something that has disabled that.
2) I can't get the multi touch working. Touch works fine, but I guess that comes from the HP TouchSmart driver.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Bart

It's great that you upgraded to Windows 7, but encountering issues with window docking and multi-touch functionalities can be frustrating. Here are some suggestions to troubleshoot these problems:

1. Window Docking:
- Make sure that the Aero feature is enabled as window docking typically relies on it for functionality.
- Check if Snap feature is enabled under Control Panel > Ease of Access Center > Make the mouse easier to use.
- Ensure that your graphics drivers are up to date, as outdated or incompatible graphic drivers can sometimes cause window docking issues.

2. Multi-Touch:
- Update your drivers: Go to the manufacturer's website and check for the latest drivers for your touch display. Install any updated drivers related to multi-touch support.
- Verify touch device compatibility: Ensure that your touch device is compatible with Windows 7. Some older devices might not have complete driver support for newer operating systems.
- Calibrate touch settings: Access Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Pen and Touch, then click the Touch tab to configure touch settings and calibration.

If the issues persist, you might need to reach out to Microsoft support or check Windows 7 forums for more specific guidance related to your laptop model or touch device for optimized compatibility.

Let me know if you need more detailed steps or further assistance!

Back