Windows Vista issues with promise sata booting

U

Unregistered

My system has an asus k8vse deluxe motherboard Amd 64 and a promise fasttrak onboard raid controller and a 200gig Sata drive that I would like to install to but try as I might I cannot find a driver that will let me do this. I had the same trouble with 2003 but being server software didn't worrie me but I would like to use this as my everday system. Anyone have any thoughts.

I had the same issue and found that you can use the XP drivers just fine. Restart the Vista installation and when you get to the screen where it shows the available drives, press the LOAD option. Vista will read the SATA drivers from either the floppy or USB drive. I was able to continue on with the install after that.

Tried That

I had the same issue and found that you can use the XP drivers just fine. Restart the Vista installation and when you get to the screen where it shows the available drives, press the LOAD option. Vista will read the SATA drivers from either the floppy or USB drive. I was able to continue on with the install after that.

I have tried that and all I keep getting is no drivers to load even though I point to the directories that contain the drivers have tried drivers from ASUS from Promise and no Luck
Thanks for the reply

Back