Windows 7 itunes 7 won't run and itunes 8 won't install

elrojo63

I just installed windows 7 last night. I had saved the windows 7 installation file on my other hd and ran that one to install. Everything installed fine, but then when i would run it, it would say there are audio problems (that's correct and I know i need to deal with them) and that it could read the library since it was from a newer version of itunes. After that window I tunes completely closes down.

I tried getting itunes from apple.com and when I downloaded the vile it says that itunes.exe isn't a valid Win32 application.

Any ideas? Windows media player works fine, but I need ot be able to update my ipod.

I just installed windows 7 last night. I had saved the windows 7 installation file on my other hd and ran that one to install. Everything installed fine, but then when i would run it, it would say there are audio problems (that's correct and I know i need to deal with them) and that it could read the library since it was from a newer version of itunes. After that window I tunes completely closes down.

I tried getting itunes from apple.com and when I downloaded the vile it says that itunes.exe isn't a valid Win32 application.

Any ideas? Windows media player works fine, but I need ot be able to update my ipod.

My advice is to first of all get ALL drivers installed up to date and working before trying to install any programmes. If you have sound problems itunes would more than likely not work correctly.
Also did you completely remove itunes 7 before trying to install itunes 8?

EDIT: after looking around you might have to do a clean install

Last edited:
Back