Windows 7 iTunes to WMP 12

Rossman

Just installed Windows 7, and I'm liking it a lot. I have a huge iTunes library that I've spent countless hours working on, to make sure all the names, genres, album are, and everything else is 100% correct. I would really love to use this library in WMP 12 to make use of it's playing from remote desktop feature, but when I put my library into WMP 12, it was missing most album art, and some of the titles were wrong. Does anyone know how to import iTunes to WMP 12?

Also, do I still have to worry about removing registry errors after uninstalling programs? It was such a hassle in XP... :eek:

I don't know if this is really of any help or not, but if you use MP3 Tag from Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...) , you can embed the album art and that in the MP3 file. I personally have had a good experience with it, but your mileage may vary. It really shouldn't be that hard to at least run a couple of tests with this program, since your album name and that should be embedded in the MP3, so album art look-up should be simple.

That program doesn't show the album art that I added to each song, it only shows for about 50% of them. So it doesn't read the album art images that iTunes uses... I guess I won't be using WMP 12 for music then!

Back
Top Bottom