Windows 7 Keyboard help please

Bubbalou

I am not much of a gamer (not good at it) and thought this might be a place to get the right answer. I needed a new keyboard and bought a Microsoft Sidewinder X4 keyboard for it's back lighting and features and have on irritation with it. The yellow (automatic profile) light comes on at random and when it does I cannot use my Macro keys that I have assigned to bring up different websites or whatever. I wish I knew what causes this and how to disable it as I do not play games much. Can someone familiar with this keyboard help me here? I found one way to stop it but it is a stupid band-aid (opening the keyboard program disables it).

I am not much of a gamer (not good at it) and thought this might be a place to get the right answer. I needed a new keyboard and bought a Microsoft Sidewinder X4 keyboard for it's back lighting and features and have on irritation with it. The yellow (automatic profile) light comes on at random and when it does I cannot use my Macro keys that I have assigned to bring up different websites or whatever. I wish I knew what causes this and how to disable it as I do not play games much. Can someone familiar with this keyboard help me here? I found one way to stop it but it is a stupid band-aid (opening the keyboard program disables it).

Disregard, I was using my son's Microsoft 2000 keyboard until I could get one then when I plugged the new sidewinder x4 in it showed it as Sidewinder x4. I removed the Keyboard software in Control Panel, rebooted the machine and then loaded the Windows 7 64 bit software/driver from Microsoft's Sidewinder X4 support page and now it has the complete settings needed to make the keyboard work as I want it to and has a "Disable Automatic Settings" as needed.

Back