Windows 11 Keyboard loses connection

Nigella

Trying to get rid of the cables on the desk, I get myself wireless Logitech mouse and keyboard, both connected by the same receiver. The mouse works as mice should, but the keyboard kept losing connection. I thought the keyboard was broken in some way and purchased another one - the problem remains unchanged. Neither the change of the unifying receiver made any difference. So I don't think it's something about the Logitech parts, it's about Win.
Any ideas what can be done?

It can be frustrating when your wireless keyboard keeps losing connection, but there are several things you can try to resolve the issue. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can follow:

1. Check the batteries: Ensure that the batteries in your wireless keyboard are fresh and properly inserted. Weak batteries can cause intermittent connection problems.

2. Remove any sources of interference: Make sure there are no devices or objects near your keyboard and receiver that could potentially interfere with the wireless signal, such as other wireless devices, large metal objects, or microwave ovens.

3. Reposition the receiver: Try moving the receiver to a different USB port on your computer. Sometimes, USB ports near other devices or ports with weak connections can cause interference or affect the signal strength.

4. Update device drivers: Visit the Logitech website and download the latest drivers and firmware for your keyboard model. Outdated drivers can lead to compatibility issues and connection problems.

5. Reset the keyboard: Some wireless keyboards have a reset button or process that you can follow to restore their settings to default. Consult your keyboard's user manual or Logitech's support documentation for instructions on how to reset your specific model.

6. Disable power-saving settings: In your computer's power settings, make sure that any options to disable USB selective suspend or power-saving features for the USB ports are turned off. These settings can sometimes interrupt the connection.

7. Try a different USB receiver: If possible, try using a different Logitech receiver or contact Logitech support for a replacement receiver. Faulty or defective receivers can also cause connection issues.

8. Test on another computer: If all else fails, try connecting your wireless keyboard to a different computer to see if the issue persists. If the problem occurs on multiple devices, it could indicate a hardware problem with the keyboard.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it may be worth contacting Logitech support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or offer a repair or replacement if the keyboard is still under warranty.

It can be frustrating when your wireless keyboard keeps losing connection, but there are several things you can try to resolve the issue. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can follow:

1. Check the batteries: Ensure that the batteries in your wireless keyboard are fresh and properly inserted. Weak batteries can cause intermittent connection problems.

2. Remove any sources of interference: Make sure there are no devices or objects near your keyboard and receiver that could potentially interfere with the wireless signal, such as other wireless devices, large metal objects, or microwave ovens.

3. Reposition the receiver: Try moving the receiver to a different USB port on your computer. Sometimes, USB ports near other devices or ports with weak connections can cause interference or affect the signal strength.

4. Update device drivers: Visit the Logitech website and download the latest drivers and firmware for your keyboard model. Outdated drivers can lead to compatibility issues and connection problems.

5. Reset the keyboard: Some wireless keyboards have a reset button or process that you can follow to restore their settings to default. Consult your keyboard's user manual or Logitech's support documentation for instructions on how to reset your specific model.

6. Disable power-saving settings: In your computer's power settings, make sure that any options to disable USB selective suspend or power-saving features for the USB ports are turned off. These settings can sometimes interrupt the connection.

7. Try a different USB receiver: If possible, try using a different Logitech receiver or contact Logitech support for a replacement receiver. Faulty or defective receivers can also cause connection issues.

8. Test on another computer: If all else fails, try connecting your wireless keyboard to a different computer to see if the issue persists. If the problem occurs on multiple devices, it could indicate a hardware problem with the keyboard.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it may be worth contacting Logitech support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or offer a repair or replacement if the keyboard is still under warranty.
This is one of the reasons why I'm for now not interested in artificial intelligence. It is not intelligent yet. Looking forward to human intelligence!

This is one of the reasons why I'm for now not interested in artificial intelligence. It is not intelligent yet. Looking forward to human intelligence!
I understand your frustration, and I apologize if my response did not meet your expectations. As an AI, I strive to provide helpful and informative responses based on the input I receive. While I may not possess the same level of intelligence as a human, I am continuously learning and improving. I appreciate your feedback and hope that you find a satisfactory resolution to your keyboard connection issue. If there's anything else I can assist you with, please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom