Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcut

Kevin Hu

I have Chinese and English keyboard on my windows 10. The English keyboard switches every time I press shift. So I have trouble using programs that requires a lot of keyboard shortcuts. Is there any ways to change keyboard hot key or temporarily disable the Chinese keyboard?

Do you have 2 physical keyboards or one keyboard connected to the computer? If it's a computer that has at least 2 USB ports, you could have 1 English keyboard connected to 1 USB port and the Chinese keyboard connected to the 2nd keyboard. Unplug whichever keyboard you don't want to use. Plug back in when you need it again. You could also connect both keyboards to a USB dual-keyboard selector switch. They have a manual version with a physical switch and a more expensive one that installs a driver that lets you switch between keyboards using keyboard shortcuts or programmable key-combos.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

I only have 1 keyboard. The Chinese input is installed on my computer and the only hot key to switch in between is shift.

Thanks for that information! I would consider buying a 2nd keyboard, English only or 2 keyboards as I mentioned. It could be that the driver being used by the Switchable keyboard is not compatible with W10. Did you run upgrade your W10 from an earlier version of windows on this computer, or did it come with W10 pre-loaded on it from the factory?

Did you try installing the Switchable keyboard on a different computer, such as a W10 computer belonging to a friend, neighbor, co-worker, or family friend???

<<<BBJ>>>

Back