Windows Vista Language Problem Need English as main

globaljihad

hey guys, im having a problem with my windows vista ultimate . The language is set to Russian as default. I clicked my way to the language and clock thing. I think im missing the english MUI file. Is there something i can install to give me the english as the default like the english MUI file. If someone can send me theirs, that would be great. Please let me know. I've been searching for about four hours and havent had any luck. Thanks in advance.

Me 2!

I'm having the same problem and i cant undertand a thing my computer's saying!!!!

It sounds like you have a non-genuine copy of Windows Vista.

I'm going to buy Vista Ultimate after work now that I'm confident that I can get it to run in English. I just need find the English MUI. I've found torrents but I'm not too excited about using those. If someone here could give me a link I'd appreciate it.

Regards,

--
Bryan
Tokyo, Japan

I'm going to buy Vista Ultimate after work now that I'm confident that I can get it to run in English. I just need find the English MUI. I've found torrents but I'm not too excited about using those. If someone here could give me a link I'd appreciate it.

Regards,

--
Bryan
Tokyo, Japan

Never mind. Just install your Japanese version and update. The English language pack is available upon completion.

blah

Actually you probably do have legal software its just the tight people at microsoft think its good to issue pre build with software loaded purely for that region they never think there might english speakers living in foreign countries but thats probably because there american.

you need to go and download the mui at an extra charge of course or you can just download it of an illegal site i haven't found one yet but i thought i would let you know try searching google in the language you have on your computer so french is google.fr russian is google.ru etc then use the google free translater to read the pages.

good luck

hey guys, im having a problem with my windows vista ultimate . The language is set to Russian as default. I clicked my way to the language and clock thing. I think im missing the english MUI file. Is there something i can install to give me the english as the default like the english MUI file. If someone can send me theirs, that would be great. Please let me know. I've been searching for about four hours and havent had any luck. Thanks in advance.
Hi!
Friend,
I also have the same problem.I bought a laptop from Russian.In the laptop, Windows vista Home Premium is built-in, but it is in Russian language.I don't how can I changes it from Russian to English. If you received an answer, please share me.
Regards,
[email protected]

You can of course set the default language when you install the OS, to change the language used in dialogue boxes and wizards ect..
Open control Panel
Click 'Clock, language and Region' (usually on the right-hand side)
Click 'Regional and Language Options'
Change language to desired setting. At the bottom of the page is a link to microsoft, you'll need this if you need to download additional language packs.
This will not however change the language on the welcome screen.
If you cannot find a way to do this then access your 'Help and Support' feature included with Vista or as Mike say's maybe its not a legal copy.

I also live in Russia and I tried to buy a laptop with windows in English but couldn't. Yes you can set it in English to type in microsoft office and web servers for example, and download certain programmes such as opera in English, but your windows package will be in Russian!I even have the windows media and internet explorer is in Russian, and when I try to download an upgrade in english, I can't! Because I already hve the latest uprades. Maybe I have, but they are in Russian. And because the system is in Russian I cant remove these programmes because I don't understand vista in Russian. And goodness knows what I am responding to with DA! for yes, and NYET for no.

Yes I would appreciate any advice on how to simply change the whole of windows from Russian into English. My only solution for me at the moment is to reinstall a windows 2000 professional of which is international, and will give me the option of any language. I had this for a previous laptop, so hopefully I can use it again.

I also live in Russia and I tried to buy a laptop with windows in English but couldn't. Yes you can set it in English to type in microsoft office and web servers for example, and download certain programmes such as opera in English, but your windows package will be in Russian!I even have the windows media and internet explorer is in Russian, and when I try to download an upgrade in english, I can't! Because I already hve the latest uprades. Maybe I have, but they are in Russian. And because the system is in Russian I cant remove these programmes because I don't understand vista in Russian. And goodness knows what I am responding to with DA! for yes, and NYET for no.

Yes I would appreciate any advice on how to simply change the whole of windows from Russian into English. My only solution for me at the moment is to reinstall a windows 2000 professional of which is international, and will give me the option of any language. I had this for a previous laptop, so hopefully I can use it again.

Hi,

this post here:
Link Removed - Not Found

contains multiple language packs and how to install them. The only potential problem is that you need to be running vista ultimate to use them.

Post back if you need further help..

Unfortunately, I could only get a laptop with the home edition ready installed, I tried to purchase a laptop that had any windows version that had an english option, such as windows 2000 professianal but with no joy.

Does windows offer a free three months trial to uprade to vista ultimate ?

Back
Top Bottom