Windows 7 Laptop Crashes frequently (most commonly while playing music and gaming)

Dendio

Operating System= Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Processor & Cache Memory Intel Core2 Duo Processor cpu [email protected] Ghz, 2.53 Ghz
Gpu= nvidia geforce 260m
Ram=4 gigs

My laptop is blue screening very frequently. It happens almost everytime i play music and perhaps a 3rd of the time I play games such as WoW or Dragons Age Origins.

Music related crashes occur randomly ( its not a case of one song always leading to crashes, they have happened in the middle of several songs.) When the crash occurs the song freezes into a loud buzzing noise and a blue screen presents itself.

There have been occurances where i'd hear music I was playing start to get choppy and slow down without activating a blue screen. I always stop the player when I catch the music messing up. Stopping the music fixes whatever was wrong and the laptop plays normally immediately afterwards. It should be noted that the music playing has bugged up in both windows media player and Itunes. In fact i got a blue screen once while trying to use windows media player while itunes was open.

As far as gaming goes, I honestly have no clue what activates the blue screens..they just occur randomly, though they seem more frequent if i have music playing while gaming.

These are the crash dumps, please let me know if i didnt upload them correctly..

also: my warrenty runs out in about a week or so. Im wondering if this is a hardware issue, and would appreciate any suggestions on what part of the pc the problem is originating in (so I could possibly point the fine folks at best buy geek squad in the right direction).

Thank you so much for your time

Attachments

• Crashes.rar
    620.5 KB · Views: 311
Last edited by a moderator:
lol You're messin' around with the Best Buy comment, right?

Welcome. :)

Uninstall Norton/Symantec in safe mode with the removal tool you can Google and find.

Reboot and install MSE.

-------------

Then update your Realtek lan driver:

Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Fri May 22 10:52:30 2009

RTL8111

----------

Visit ASUS' site and install the latest AI Suite in the Downloads, Utilities section for your motherboard.

While there, also update the Intel storage driver too:

iaStor iaStor.sys Thu Jun 04 21:53:40 2009

------------

Update this driver to newest, for the USB camera:

sncduvc sncduvc.SYS Mon Dec 29 04:14:26 2008

Visit manufacturer's site for it.

Last edited:
somehow I didnt mention the name of the actual laptop >.< =-asus g72g
Thanks for the welcome!

Update:

I cant find the drivers youve listed I know its asking alot but can you provide the links?

I was able to uninstall norton and installl microsoft security essentials

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Yes, asking too much when you have the same access to ASUS' site that I and the rest of the entire world with an internet connection does.

You're welcome and enjoy the fixed machine.

Back