Windows 10 laptop starts again after shutdown (instead of shutting down it reboots)

omar ed

update
no F!"/ way
I only maintained the power button pressed to force shutdown and that solved everything for ulterior shut downs... until now

Hello,
I was trying to solve my bluetooth mouse disconnecting issues but I got a "bigger" one.

I went to device manager and
human interf.jpg
under human interface devices I unchecked the box allow the computer to turn off this device to save up power.
That's all I turned off the computer and at the next day I found the computer hyper hot because it was open. It was the first time this happened...

any idea on what could have gone wrong?

I have spend already many hours on forums about the same subject and nothing worked.
Since I have a pretty good idea of what caused the problem, it should be easier to start from there

Thanks in advanced for your help!

PD
I dont remember exactly what device I initially modify in device manager but all devices have the power saving box checked.
I also perform a going back to an anterior point restore option. It took me like 5 days back before I install one program.

Last edited:
Open an elevated command prompt and type powercfg /lastwake powercfg /waketimers and powercfg /devicequery wake_armed and post the output.

Hi,
The first thing we'll ask you is the Make/Model of your computer please. If it's a self-built PC or custom-built PC, please post full hardware specs including Make/Model of the Motherboard, CPU Chip, GPU card/chip, RAM sticks, and PSU Make/Model/Wattage.

The second thing is that AU problems are rampant here and many users experience irretrievable power loss while fumbling for a solution. So, the very first thing you should do: FIRST BACKUP ALL OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO EXTERNAL MEDIA! THIS WOULD INCLUDE YOUR LIBRARY FOLDERS FOR DOCUMENTS, PHOTOS, MUSIC, VIDEOS, AND ANY SAVED E-MAILS OR ATTACHMENTS.
System Restores can also fail, especially if your RAM or Hard Drive is failing or has failed. We are also seeing that problems from the AU updates for over 1 month now are not responding to System Restores to fix problems; that why most people are coming to Tech forums like WF here to get help.

If there is a way to fix your problem with your Bluetooth or other devices, neemo will try to help you with that; he's very good with software issues coming from AU updates scrambling drivers and the registry and such. If your problem persists, take a look at this Troubleshooting Guide I compiled here: Windows 10 - Unclickable Task Bar
This Guide will take you through hardware testing of your computer and then applying various advanced software repairs up to and including full W10 reinstallation. Another reason why we ask you to make certain you have all your personal data backed up to external media. Some of these tests and repairs can cause data loss as mentioned. The Guide is quite long; 6-8 pages and so I recommend you print it out and have hardcopy in front of you while you are troubleshooting your computer. Some computer experience will take you 2-3 days to run through all the testing and software repairs; novices longer maybe a week. So be patient, and don't skip any steps.
The Guide will produce repairs to most computers that got scrambled by a W10 AU update 80%-90% of the time. :up:

You should be aware that the AU update issue is causing hundreds or thousands of people lots of grief because allowing the updates to come into your computer is going to continue to scramble your system as they are coming in now every 1-2 weeks via the weekly Tuesday Microsoft push. We haven't found a solution as yet to completely stop the AU updates from coming in, and we may never do so. In the meantime, we are experimenting with a couple of things that will delay/mitigate the AU updates from coming into your computer and scrambling it:

In the meantime you can take a look at these 2 methods for disabling unwanted changes to your drivers from the AU here:
How to temporarily prevent a driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930#bookmark-1607

Windows Update Delivery Optimization: FAQ
https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10-windows-update-delivery-optimization

Let us know how you get on, and don't be afraid to ask any more questions and don't forget to post your hardware specs back here for us. We are here 24x7x365.

Please post back and LIKE this Post if this solution worked for you so we can share that information with our other forum users who might have the same problem. Thanks.:)

Best of luck,:encouragement:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back
Top Bottom