Laptop with 1 3.5mm audio jack

Marios1441

My laptop has only one jack for audio with the drawing of a headset with microphone next to it. I have headset with microphone with 2 3.5mm jacks one for audio and the other for microphone connected using adapter that makes em one jack. I also connected speakers to the line using adapter with many outputs.
Microphone won't work. Speakers now have low volume because headset also is connected with it using adapter. What should i do to fix it? Should i buy headset with integrated audio and microphone on to one 3.5 jack? But want to connect speakers to this line also using a splitter. I already did but have the above problems.
What should i do?

Are you sure the adapter is working ok? Try using it on a friends system and see if it's the same.

" My laptop has only one jack for … I have headset with … "

Marios1441 … in an effort to narrow down the possible culprit … pls furnish kemical with the exact model/make of your laptop … as well as the exact model/make of your headphone set. this will aid kemical in the remediation process. also … we can safely assume your os is oem-win10? the speakers … are they internal factory units or after-market exteriors?

one last thing … is this the first time you've used a headset/microphone in the ports? could you try your friend's headset/microphone in your ports … to see if those work correctly? as you can guess … these are all preliminary steps in every trouble-shooting process.

Are you sure your y splitter is a headset adapter and not a headphone? The male end of the y splitter should have 4 metal contacts separated by 3 plastic rings.

Should i buy headset with integrated audio and microphone on to one 3.5 jack? But want to connect speakers to this line also using a splitter. I already did but have the above problems.
What should i do?

There are microphones that connect to the PC via USB port. Why do you want to connect both the microphone and the speakers using the 3.5 mm jack?

Please take a look at this:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Flexible...rder-USB-2-0-Stand-Microphone-White/998799058

Marios1441 … in an effort to narrow down the possible culprit … pls furnish kemical with the exact model/make of your laptop … as well as the exact model/make of your headphone set. this will aid kemical in the remediation process. also … we can safely assume your os is oem-win10? the speakers … are they internal factory units or after-market exteriors?

one last thing … is this the first time you've used a headset/microphone in the ports? could you try your friend's headset/microphone in your ports … to see if those work correctly? as you can guess … these are all preliminary steps in every trouble-shooting process.
The model of laptop is ASUS X541UV-DM-1439T. The make of headphones is Genius. The model of the headphones is HS-04SU. I'm using Windows 10 OEM. The speakers are after market exteriors. The friend's headphones/microphone don't work on my ASUS laptop.

The model of laptop is ASUS X541UV-DM-1439T. The make of headphones is Genius. The model of the headphones is HS-04SU. I'm using Windows 10 OEM. The speakers are after market exteriors. The friend's headphones/microphone don't work on my ASUS laptop.
Many thanks for the information.

Try updating your audio driver as I can see via your support page that updates have been released.
ASUS VivoBook Max X541UV Driver & Tools | Laptops | ASUS Global

Also it looks like you have an internal mic on the lappie.
Audio
Built-in Stereo W Speakers And Microphone
ASUS SonicMaster Technology
ASUS VivoBook Max X541UV | Laptops | ASUS Global

Check your manual on how to access it:
ASUS VivoBook Max X541UV Manual | Laptops | ASUS Global

Back