Last Week on Channel 9: November 9th - November 15th, 2015

News

Extraordinary Robot
Robot
As I started cherry picking shows and episodes for this week's post, I was thinking, "...kind of a quite week..."

Then saw something cool, and another and another and... :) In the end, here are 27 select shows, posts and episodes.

Remember, join us this week, Wednesday and Thursday, November 18-19, for Connect();!

TWC9: Windows 10 Fall Update, New Xbox Experience, Distributed Machine Learning Toolkit and more...

This week on Channel 9, Nikola and Vlad discuss the week's top developer news, including;

GameDev Stories with Lesley Phord-Toy

Lesley Phord-Toy

PRODUCER, UBISOFT

Lesley is a producer at Ubisoft Toronto working on Assassin's Creed Unity and a president of the International Game Developers' Association Toronto chapter. ...

2015-11-12: 5 Ways You Can Modernize Your Meetings

As the dynamics of where we work change, the dynamics of how we meet change too. Skype for Business enables a new kind of modern meeting, allowing you to join scheduled and ad-hoc meetings with one tap, and taking full advantage of HD video and audio. Microsoft will soon release an exciting set of voice and meeting capabilities to enhance this solution. ...

Episode 23 - Storage QoS and Me

In this episode Dave Kawula sat down with Kelly Murphy the CTO and co-founder of Gridstore to talk about Hyper-V, Storage QoS, and IOPS. It was very interesting to see this from the hardware perspective and Kelly did a great job explaining some very complex topics around storage.

Episode 22 - It's all about the Community

In this episode Clint Wyckoff and Dave Kawula discuss the value of community and certification. Both Clint and Dave are very active in the IT Community and it was interesting to hear their thoughts on community involvement.

Using the Cortana Analytics Process to Build Intelligent Applications

In this talk, you will learn how the Cortana Analytics Process empowers you with a systematic approach to understand your raw data, and transform it into actions you can embed in intelligent applications. We will walk through the Cortana Analytics Process using a real-life large publicly available New York City (NYC) Taxi dataset that consists of 174+ million NYC taxi rides taken during year 2013. ...

Authoring Custom PowerShell Intellisense with Trevor Sullivan

This video covers the use of the TabExpansion++ PowerShell module to develop your own custom "argument completer" functions for PowerShell's Intellisense engine. By leveraging this capability, you can dramatically increase the productivity of consumers of nearly any PowerShell command. You can create custom Intellisense auto-completion results by writing a simple PowerShell function. After watching this video, you will have the knowledge that you need in order to create your own auto-completion functions. ...

Windows Bridge for iOS

The Windows Bridge for iOS is a Microsoft open-source project that provides an Objective-C development environment for Visual Studio and support for iOS APIs. The bridge makes it easy for iOS developers to make great Windows apps while reusing much of their existing Objective-C code and iOS development skills. For more information, check out the Windows Bridge for iOS landing page and our GitHub repo.

Publishing your website to the cloud using Microsoft Azure

In this lesson we will walk you through publishing your website to Microsoft Azure.

** Video updated on 11/11/2015 to reflect updates to the Azure Portal

Mark Russinovich Talks Azure Scale Sets

Mark Russinovich, CTO of Azure stops by the Channel 9 studio to give us a demo of Azure Scale Sets.

Episode #003 - Jeffrey on Nano, Containers and the Modern App Platform

In this episode, Jeffrey talks about some of the application platform innovation that's going into Windows Server 2016. Nano Server, the new headless deployment option for Windows Server, and Windows Server Containers are just the beginning for modern server apps. Hear from Jeffrey about new Nano features and get the scoop on what makes Windows Server 2016 the right choice for application development.

Some of my favorite Visual Studio extensions

I recently wrote an article about some of my favorite Chrome extensions, partly because I wanted to share some of the things I felt worked well, but also because I wanted to learn about what others were using as well. I've added quite a few extensions in my daily use based on those recommendations, and now I'd like to do the same for Visual Studio. ...

Microsoft IT Showcase webinar: How Microsoft IT supports internal users with on-site and desk-side support

In this webinar, Alex Agudelo, Senior IT Manager, provides a high-level overview of how Microsoft IT supports internal users via our on-site support solution, Tech Link, and through desk-side support. Learn how IT enables and empowers its workforce to be productive and agile with Microsoft devices and services, specifically around deployment options and end-user experience. Also, learn about our support service roadmap and our direction for the future....

Office Dev Show - Episode 19 - Form.io

In this episode, Travis and Gary show off Form.io and how it hooks into Office 365 to create custom apps and APIs. ...

Azure Search Enhancements

Back in the studio is a man who needs no introduction, but we'll give him one anyway. ;) Liam Cavanagh is back to talk about Azure Search and the new enhancements to the Azure portal and the new querying capabilities and utilities. Liam is awesome, as usual, dropping right in to demo mode, showing off the new Add Index and Import Data features in the portal, providing the capability to ingest data from common data stores including Azure SQL DB and Azure DocumentDB. Liam also shows off the ability to import data right into Azure Search. ...

Visual Studio Code and Web Development

In this episode, Robert is joined by John Papa, who explains and shows why he is a huge fan of Visual Studio Code and has adopted it for Web development. Among the topics they discuss in this freewheeling show are learning new technologies, JavaScript. TypeScript, Angular, and of course lots of features in Visual Studio Code. ...

Riding the Modern Web: Dealing with JavaScript Libraries

Every day millions of users are commuting on the electronic highway. For you as a web developer you want to ensure that your website is adapted to the needs of the modern user and that you're not putting up road blocks, forcing users to take side roads. ...

CodeChat 047 - RethinkDB Real-Time Database

RethinkDB (rethinkdb.com) is a modern database that enables real-time scenarios right out of the box.

In this CodeChat, Slava (@spakhm) - one of the co-founders of the company - tells us all about the software's strengths and why you might consider using it in your next project. It's often times just one of a few components to an overall data solution, but for its part, RethinkDB means there will be no more busy work getting data refreshed on each client. ..

Microsoft Ignite means knowledge from the source

Microsoft Ignite is all about getting knowledge direct from the source—everything from industry leaders talking about what's next, to in-person Q&As with the people who built the tools you use every day.

So what better way to introduce the 2016 conference than with insights directly from product experts—Julia White, Jeffrey Snover, and Mark Russinovich—sharing their thoughts about what to expect, what you can learn, who you'll meet, and why you'll definitely want to be part of it. ...

Episode 12: Interview with Kalle Hiitola about using Azure for mobile game development

Join us as we talk with Kalle Hiitola from Next Games to discuss the recent launch of their new mobile game The Walking Dead: No Man's Land. We'll hear about how the team leveraged Unity and Azure web services. ...

SQL Unplugged Episode 11

SQL Unplugged comes to you live from the Washington State Convention center at the PASS Summit 2015 conference. Scott Klein and his guests Shawn Bice and Rohan Kumar answer attendees questions, giving the attendees to chat almost 1:1 with Shawn and Rohan. ...

The Ops Team #004 - "A Dysfunctional Dongle"

The Ops Team is a new weekly show where 4 Technical Evangelists specializing in IT Operations get together to give you the deets on their 4 areas of expertise: Microsoft Azure/Cloud, On-premises datacenter technologies, Enterprise Mobility / Windows and DevOps.

This week on The Ops Team, all 4 of the guys make it into the studio but trouble with a particular HDMI dongle, combined with potential user-error on the tricaster means we're stuck on the single video angle this week! Oh and we only realized during the editing process! Doh! ...

Tuesdays with Corey: Red Hat and Microsoft Azure!

Corey Sanders, Director of Program Management on the Microsoft Azure Compute team fills us in on the details of the Red Hat Linux announcement from last week... and yes - he puts on a red hat. ...

The Universal App Platform

Microsoft Regional Directors, Rob Irving (ALK Technologies Inc.) and Khaled Chebat (Dataflow Group, Lebanon) share their expert insights on universal apps and exciting features of Windows.

0 | Meet the Experts

Welcome to DevOps Dimension, a soon to be indispensable resource for you, as you start or continue your DevOps journey. Meet the DevOps Dimension Experts - David Tesar, Thiago Almeida, and Oguz Pastirmaci - learn about their interests and focus areas, and hear how they plan to share their expertise with you in future episodes. ...

Tidbits of Code and Node 05 - Power Emmet

In this episode of Tidbits of Code and Node, I'll do some uber fun stuff with Emmet (aka Zen Coding) in VS Coding. I'll show you where to find a big cheat sheet for some great snippets that Emmet supports and I'll speed up your HTML/CSS authoring by about a billion. Guaranteed :)

Migrating your Surface to Windows 10, with Windows in-place upgrade

Get the basics on migrating your Surface to Windows 10 with Windows in-place upgrade, including tips on automated in-place upgrade using existing deployment tools such as MDT, Configuration Manager, or scripts. We also cover, how to get the installation media and ensure that you have the right Surface drivers if you do not use Windows Update inside of your organization.

Follow @CH9
Follow @gduncan411

njs.gif

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom