Windows 7 Legal copy of Windows 7 P rofessional

webscaper

I bought a laptop from eBay that has a COA sticker. Where can I download a legal copy of Windows 7 P rofessional that is authorized by Microsoft as genuine? I know it is possible through a torrent but not recommended.

That COA sticker ( product key ) is for which Win 7 version ?
Sounds like the laptop is not presently running Win 7 Pro.
If it is NOT a Win 7 Pro key, then you will have to purchase a valid Win 7 Pro key with the dvd software, then you can do a clean install.

Installation software is no good WITHOUT a valid corresponding product key.
i.e. Win 7 Pro key for Win 7 Pro installation software.

The product key is on the COA sticker. T he laptop is running Windows 7 Professional. I Have not received the laptop yet in the mail. I would assume that the seller, which is a computer recycling company, activated windows with the product key on the COA sticker or it was already installed and activated. I am not sure if I will receive a retail disc copy and not likely because it has been recycled. These are business laptops that are discarded by companies that have upgraded to newer systems.

It is possible that Windows 7 Professional was pre-installed on the laptop by Dell. Is it possible to get an oem version, so that I do not have to call Microsoft to get it activated?

Most usually laptops have a separate partition where the installation is preserved, thus you do not need a separate disc - or, the computer comes with a separate disc. Unfortunately, some "business men" duplicate Windows, selling something that's functional, but not really legal.

If you want to have it working, you mention it in your opening post - which I do not, definitely, support. If you want it to be legal, there's only one address: Microsoft. That's the ballgame.

Mentioning "duplicating Windows" I didn't mean The Digital River. Sorry 'bout the misunderstanding. Still, many do duplicate Windows, and that was my point: beware. Thanks for your comment, whs.

Back