Windows 7 Lexmart printer drives

michelle

I have a Lexmart 5400 ink-jet printer and i cannot install the software into windows 7. It appears to be incompatible can anyone help me ?

I don't think you need any extra drivers.. when we plugged in our lexmart printer windows found it and set it up automatically. You may have one that needs special drivers though.

Go to device manager and try to update the printer drivers if your cd doesn't use an autorun to automatically install them.

Hi,
Are you able to use the printer?
The drivers for install should work,

Last edited:
I have a Lexmart 5400 ink-jet printer and i cannot install the software into windows 7. It appears to be incompatible can anyone help me ?

Michelle,

Have you attempted to install the drivers through compatibility mode? If not, right click on the driver install and select “Troubleshoot Compatibility.â€Â￾ From there you will follow the on screen prompts. Also, you could always go into device manager and see if Windows 7 could find compatible drivers as opposed to using the CD drivers that shipped with the printer.

Also to get your questions answered on the most common challenges around application compatibility when coming from a legacy operating system, why changes were made along the way, compatibility technologies inside the OS and methods for getting incompatible applications to run on Windows 7, please go here: http://tinyurl.com/yfa2yyz

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

Back
Top Bottom