You download it on your existing connection and transfer it to a pen drive, external drive, burn it to a cd . . .
I've gone through with the installation and i've reached the message 'Insert the wireless USB adapter into a USB port on your computer. Click next to continue.' So I plug it in and click next and it pops up saying 'Detecting adapter...' and it has stayed like that for a few minutes now.Download and manually install the driver from here:
Note particularly these instructions:
- Using the Download Link below, download and extract the new software to a convenient place such as your desktop. The filename after extracting is WNA1100_Setup_v184.108.40.206.exe
Download Link: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WNA1100/WNA1100_Setup_v220.127.116.11.zip
NOTE: After downloading, DO NOT RUN THE FILE YET. Please proceed to Step 2.
- To properly install adapter software, please remove drivers that were previously installed.
To uninstall, go to Start > Programs > NETGEAR WNA1100 adapter > Uninstall NETGEAR WNA1100 adapter .
- Unplug the WNA1100 adapter from your computer.
- Run the file you just downloaded and follow the on-screen install instructions.
- If you want to install the adapter drivers including the NETGEAR utility, run WNA1100_Setup_v18.104.22.168.exe. and follow the on-screen install instructions.
- If you want to install just the adapter drivers without the NETGEAR utility, run WNA1100_StandAlone_V22.214.171.124.exe. and follow the on-screen install instructions.