Windows 7 Limited Access Only When Connecting to my Phone

Now the important question is how did your DHCP client get set to disabled, it doesn't just happen on its own... I would still run a full scan with your Antivirus and Malwarebytes :)

That was going to be my very next question - how in the world would something like that get changed. I am ashamed to admit that my antivirus is not current... How do I run malwarebytes?

Malwarebytes found 3 items. I removed them and rebooted.

When in the process of troubleshooting this, I disabled my firewall. I received an error message when I did so, but apparently it did turn it off. Now when I click on "Use recommended settings" I receive "Windows firewall can't change some of your settings. Error code 0x8007042c."

Any ideas on this...??

Google is my friend. I resolved this. My "base filtering engine" was also disabled. Enabled that and my firewall seems ok now..

One last thing. Josephur and patcooke - lunch is on me. Name your poison.

Really appreciated the help guys.

You may want to run the Microsoft Fix It tool located here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2530126
Just incase there are other issues with the Firewall that aren't apparent, it may find and resolve them automatically.

And you're welcome :)

Thanks. I just ran this. It didn't say it found and/or changed anything, but I rebooted after it finished. I'm guessing that's all there is to it?

Correct, that is all there is to it! Hope your system is running better :)

I just discovered that I have no sound. "This computer cannot play audio because the Windows Audio Service is not enabled. Would you like to enable Windows Audio Service?". When I click YES I get "No audio devices are installed."

Did you go to services and set Windows Audio Service to Automatic and start it? Man something did a number on your system...

Windows Audio was enabled, but Windows Audio Endpoint Builder was not. I enabled that and my sound is back.

Yes I'd really like to know what exactly got into my system...

Back