Windows 10 Linking PC & Nokia Phone "Outlook Calendar" to a Notebook with Windows 10?

silverman

Honorable Member
Interesting question: I have a PC (Windows 7) & Nokia Phone (version 8, I think) that together synchronise my "MS Outlook Calendar". I have just updated my Notebook to Windows 10, would I be able to set this so it's Calendar would also synchronise with the PC & Nokia Phone. So all three will be totally synchronised.

I need to get this working before going back the the PC and updating that to Windows 10.

My w8 laptop snycs to my Nokia 520 w8.1 phone and my Nokia 520 w8 phone and my WX laptop just fine... they are all on the same Microsoft account but I don't know about the W7 system... it's been too long, and I don't have any w7 systems now days.

Thanks for your interest in my question, you are the only person to respond.

I have solved the issue myself that was causing my problem. Its all down to using the correct connector programme. As I am using MS Office Outlook 2010 I needed to install “Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector for 2010and it must be 32-bit everthing else on my computers is set to use 64bit, but this does not allow the Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector for 2010 to operate.

Hope this helps othes.

Have you tried resyncing your devices using a Windows Live ID account? If your Email address still looks like [email protected] and not like [email protected], you could be having problems that way. Microsoft forced people with native Hotmail accounts to convert to either outlook.com accounts or Windows Live ID accounts or both several years ago now. Outlook2010 was the first verion of Outlook to prefer using a non-Hotmail Email address for syncing over the Internet. It was intended for individuals or organizations running one of the several Exchange servers. If you are NOT syncing to an Exchange server with your Outlook2010 or to an Exchange Webmail server, then your Email address will need to be updated or changed to work properly with syncing of accounts across devices. This is also true of Outlook2013 & Outlook2016 I hear. Outlook2010 will work on both 32bit and 64bit platforms with Win7 (that's what I used to run back in 2009-2010) as long as you dump your Hotmail Email address and convert/upgrade it to Outlook.com or Windows Live ID. BTW, when Microsoft did the Hotmail conversion, I waited too long, and lost years of info in my old Hotmail account.:waah: Good thing I had backups on Yahoo & Gmail. :tongue_smile:

You will have the best luck with Converting your old Hotmail account, if it's still available to do so *it's been 5 yrs. so it might not still work*. This is more work than a lot of people are willing to do let me tell you; I've done several of them and they are a pain in the rear!:cower: If you want to take the short route, you can just signup for a brand new Outlook.com or Windows Live ID, and insert that into your Outlook2010 on all 3 of your devices (PC, notebook, Nokia phone) and try to sync it. This should definitely work as Norway says. I've done both the Calendar and Address Book syncing on multiple devices in both 32bit and 64bit platforms without having to use the Connector Program. That was a workaround that some programmer came up with to address people who couldn't or wouldn't convert their old Hotmail Emails to the newer standard--which is the one that MS wants everyone to run on Win8/8.1/10.

Let us know how it turns out.
Best of luck,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

BIGBEARJEDI, thanks for your input, I had solved my issue as I said about, but you have some interesting points that could help me when updating some of my other computers. I am using Outlook2010 on all my computers currently the one on Windows 10 is still syncing synchronising with all my other PC's that are still running Windows 7. I am not going to update any further PC to windows 10 as I have found a few issues with some of the programmes that don't work correctly. All the companies are saying they are working to fix the issues. Thanks again.

You're welcome, silverman.:) Haven't heard too much about 3rd party programs not working on WinX if they didn't already work on Win8.1. The WinX Mail program seems to have a problem with 3rd party E-mail such as Verizon or Cox. Works fine with my Oultook.com Email account. As people are converting over, they are running into the typical issues from an Windows OS upgrade. Mostly, hardware stuff as always.

Best, <<<BBJ>>>

Back