Windows Vista Links not working for me

Winnebago: I'll have to be quick as I'm not at my own pc... but to answer your question, I'm not sure as MS said SP1 was going to contain Dx10.1 and after doing a 'dxdiag' I'm still 'only' using Dx10(although this could be due to the fact my card is only Dx10 compatible so perhaps it wouldn't show). Maybe there will be an update coinciding with the public release? The only one thing I'm sure of in all this....Is not to be sure of anything!

I say all this, but judging from various website statements and screenshots it does look like the real deal...

This entry is found in the Registry...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\DerivedData\Componen ts\x86_microsoft-windows-directx-direct3d10.1_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6001.18000_none_ 50297d65a99216fa

and these files are found in the System32 Folder...

d3d10_1.dll
d3d10_1core.dll

It appears that DirectX 10.1 is installed but DxDiag does not report it as DirectX 10.1

I have the ATI HD3850 DirectX 10.1 Video Card and DxDiag still reports it as DirectX 10

This entry is found in the Registry...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINECOMPONENTSDerivedDataComponen tsx86_microsoft-windows-directx-direct3d10.1_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6001.18000_none_ 50297d65a99216fa

and these files are found in the System32 Folder...

d3d10_1.dll
d3d10_1core.dll

It appears that DirectX 10.1 is installed but DxDiag does not report it as DirectX 10.1

I have the ATI HD3850 DirectX 10.1 Video Card and DxDiag still reports it as DirectX 10

Thanks Spectre for clearing that one up.. I didn't bother to check the registry lol
So Winnebago it definately looks like this is the real Mcoy although I know Bios and Mike would never knowingly put something out that wasn't cosher...
I find it interesting though that Spectre's card is still not picking up the Dx10.1. Maybe it actually needs software (which there is none) to activate it or something.. Ahh well. I'm sure it will all become clearer as time goes by. I hope your upgrade goes smoothly..:)

Regarding your keyboard..Have you tried speeding it up in the keyboard options found via control panel? Maybe it's worth a try..

Re: 64 bit needed - FTP info inc.

Hi

I would like to request or host the 64 bit version of SP1. Below is my FTP, so if someone can, go for it.

Site: ftp.digital-audio-pro.us
Port: 21
Mode: Passive
Login: public @ digital-audio-pro.us <--No spaces before/after the @
Pword: public

Place in the folder "Vista SP1-64bit

I already have the 32bit version on there

Tim

Great idea! Will check this evening when I get home.

Glad to have so many confirmations. I feel better about loading it now.

The main reason I am so hot to get this is that my niece wants Vista loaded on her laptop. She leaves to go back to California on Sunday. I want SP1 on there before I turn her loose with it to minimize any potential problems. Now I can move forward without fear of having a bogus SP1 on a machine 1800 miles away :D. You guys know how it is...we noez dem compooter thangs so we is tek sooport fer de IN-tire clan!

Thanks Spectre for clearing that one up.. I didn't bother to check the registry lol
So Winnebago it definately looks like this is the real Mcoy although I know Bios and Mike would never knowingly put something out that wasn't cosher...
I find it interesting though that Spectre's card is still not picking up the Dx10.1. Maybe it actually needs software (which there is none) to activate it or something.. Ahh well. I'm sure it will all become clearer as time goes by. I hope your upgrade goes smoothly..:)

Regarding your keyboard..Have you tried speeding it up in the keyboard options found via control panel? Maybe it's worth a try..

Hi

I would like to request or host the 64 bit version of SP1. Below is my FTP, so if someone can, go for it.

Tim

its uploading now

Hi

Tim

I have the one downloaded from this forum. If you want later tonight i will upload it. However i have a slow upload speed of 768k so it will take a bit to get up there. Let me know who all else offered because i would hate for you to have 34324 people uploading at the same time.

I have the one downloaded from this forum. If you want later tonight i will upload it. However i have a slow upload speed of 768k so it will take a bit to get up there. Let me know who all else offered because i would hate for you to have 34324 people uploading at the same time.
hey my name before I registered is my name now I'm uploading it right now should be done in another 1hr or so

HI Jabes

Tnx a bunch for that. I will inturn open the server up to all who want it.

Thank you again

Tim

For what it is worth, here is some more links / info

Download both Vista 32 and 64 SP1 RC from my FTP below

User: [email protected]

Both are located in their own labeled folders

Below are other links as well
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RC (x86) - EXE (Multiple Languages) mu_windows_vista_service_pack_1_rc_x86_all.exe - 548 MB
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RC (x64) - EXE (Multiple Languages)
mu_windows_vista_service_pack_1_rc_x64_all.exe - 878 MB
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RC (x86 and x64) - DVD (Multiple Languages)
mu_windows_vista_service_pack_1_rc_x86_x64_all_dvd.iso - 1.39 GB
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RC (x86) - EXE (English, German, Japanese, French and Spanish Only)
mu_windows_vista_service_pack_1_rc_x86_en_de_ja_fr_es.exe - 436 MB

Link Removed - Not Found

MORE:

Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Win Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008
This allows for batch unattended installs. It contains Vista SP1 RC

Download details: Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008

MORE

The latest build of Vista SP1 RC Refresh is 6001.17128.080101-1935 v.774. Again, to use the trick to download and install the Vista SP1 RC Refresh from WU (Windows Update), a registry key will have to be inserted and added so that WU can recognize the computer as a valid target machine to roll out the SP1. The steps to get SP1 on the machine is pretty simple as outlined in this Link Removed - Not Found.

Download RCRefreshSP1betaprogramsRK.cmd.

Update: Link Removed - Not Found

Download Vista 32 Direct from MS:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

The downloaded files is in .WIM extension, a Windows Imaging Format Archive. By executing X13-49121.exe, users can run setup to install Vista 64-bit edition. To burn the 64-bit Vista code to DVD, here’s the guide to Link Removed - Not Found, or follow Link Removed - Not Found. Just change the X13-49120.exe (for 32bit Vista) to X13-49121.exe will do, and download the etfsboot.com to put into “boot” directory.

Download Vista 64 Direct from MS:
  1. Link Removed - Invalid URL (116 MB)
  2. Link Removed - Invalid URL (2.24 GB)
  3. Link Removed - Invalid URL (73.7 MB)
Same install as above.

Tim

Microsoft released this statement today..:

“RC Refresh 2 code is the same as RTM. In final stages of a product Microsoft likes to get as much validation as possible before releasing. The release candidate ended up being a high enough quality to be approved to release to manufacturing.â€Â￾

So there we have it, straight from the horses mouth! To read the rest of this article go here:
» Some won’t have to wait until March for Vista SP1, after all | All about Microsoft | ZDNet.com
This is one of the 'better' journo's out there who writes about MS IMO..

I just found it....LOL!

You can abort your xfer if you wish. Dont waste your bandwidth

My servers are here next to me

Tim

The latest build of Vista SP1 RC Refresh is 6001.17128.080101-1935 v.774

The RC Refresh you are talking about is obsolete. The final build is 6001.18000.080118-1840 which is the RTM build.

HI Jabes

Tnx a bunch for that. I will inturn open the server up to all who want it.

Thank you again

Tim

For what it is worth, here is some more links / info

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RC (x86) - EXE (Multiple Languages) mu_windows_vista_service_pack_1_rc_x86_all.exe - 548 MB
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RC (x64) - EXE (Multiple Languages)
mu_windows_vista_service_pack_1_rc_x64_all.exe - 878 MB
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RC (x86 and x64) - DVD (Multiple Languages)
mu_windows_vista_service_pack_1_rc_x86_x64_all_dvd.iso - 1.39 GB
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RC (x86) - EXE (English, German, Japanese, French and Spanish Only)
mu_windows_vista_service_pack_1_rc_x86_en_de_ja_fr_es.exe - 436 MB

32-bit and 64-bit Standalone Vista SP1 RC Free Download via HTTP (Supports All 36 MUI Languages) » My Digital Life

MORE:

Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Win Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008
This allows for batch unattended installs. It contains Vista SP1 RC

Download details: Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008

MORE

The latest build of Vista SP1 RC Refresh is 6001.17128.080101-1935 v.774. Again, to use the trick to download and install the Vista SP1 RC Refresh from WU (Windows Update), a registry key will have to be inserted and added so that WU can recognize the computer as a valid target machine to roll out the SP1. The steps to get SP1 on the machine is pretty simple as outlined in this installation guide.

Download RCRefreshSP1betaprogramsRK.cmd.

Update: Windows Vista SP1 RC Refresh 2 (6001.18000)

Download Vista 32 Direct from MS:

install.wim
boot.wim
X13-49121.exe

The downloaded files is in .WIM extension, a Windows Imaging Format Archive. By executing X13-49121.exe, users can run setup to install Vista 64-bit edition. To burn the 64-bit Vista code to DVD, here’s the guide to convert the .WIN files and make bootable .ISO DVD image, or follow illustrate guide using vLite. Just change the X13-49120.exe (for 32bit Vista) to X13-49121.exe will do, and download the etfsboot.com to put into “bootâ€Â￾ directory.

Download Vista 64 Direct from MS:
  1. boot.wim (116 MB)
  2. install.wim (2.24 GB)
  3. X13-49120.exe (73.7 MB)
Same install as above.

Tim

Question: are these RC Refresh 2? Thanks

the 64 bit version is now also available in my server. thanks to bios for uploading it.

Download at: Link Removed - Invalid URL

584/1000 GB used so far.

Back